What to do with 5000 sunflower seeds ????

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
As above ...

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can use about 5000 sunflower seeds for ???

Seems a waste to just chuck `em

Rich

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
As above ...

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can use about 5000 sunflower seeds for ???

Rich

Dry them and roast them, then eat them. or for every pound weight of sunflower seeds you can press them to make three ounces of oil. (with a lot of work)

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
As above ...

Rich

I buy bakery grade sunflower seeds in large sacks from the excellent bird section of our local garden centre. Most go into the feeders for the birds (which give me pleasure the year round), but we consume some ourselves: either toasted to sprinkle over salads, or for use in seedy/nutty bread mixes.

Burnt Ash

BushTucker

Settler
Feb 3, 2007
Weymouth
Eat them or take a bag full to your local infants school, I took about 300 last year and the kids grow them and take them home,.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
I have a plan to take a large bag of sunflower seeds to sow in a section of my local woods which have been cut down to see if a forest of sunflowers will result - the birds will love it i'm sure!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE