What to do / where to go on my week off 12.12.11 - 16.12.11

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Hey folks

I've got a week off starting 12th December and i don't know what to do or where to go?
I looked at Norway(cheap flights to Rygge) for a week but the decreasing daylight hours is putting me off.
Scotland (Cairngorms) was another option but the train journey is looking rather expensive from Wakefield.

A week wondering in woodland or along a coastline would be great, weather doesn't bother me but would like some trees for the tarp.

Many thanks for suggestions in advance.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Dunk , need a bit more info , not being rude are you planning to be alone ? are you a sociable creature ? do you want total solitude ? are you a big walker ? and did you want to concentrate on one area ?

Are you planning to camp out every night ?

Sorry ! ignore if it does your head in .

Ivan...

Dunk

Forager
Feb 4, 2007
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
Ivan

Yes I will be alone, it's bit of a chill out getaway week really. I can either walk or just chill I'm easy. I'll be taking everything on my back and camping every night.

I don't mind travelling to locations through the week but don't want to walk more that 15 mile a day.

Cheers

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Dunk , you would be welcome to spend your first night at my place ( woods that is ) and plan a route around Dartmoor, stunning scenery as easy or extreme as you like , with a return to my site to finish your trip if you like , nobody to bother you and once you get out on the open moor , rugged , wild and beautiful .

Drawbacks , not an abundance of trees to hang, possible comparable train expense ( at short notice ) and if you are not the hardy type can be very inhospitable, just food for thought.

nearest train station Newton Abbot and i wouldn't mind picking you up , to save taxi ( nothing wierd ask anybody that knows me ), just trying to help , coz i know this much if i wanted to get away to somewhere different, i am sure somebody on here would do the same for me .

Good luck whatever you decide ..

Ivan...

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Have you looked at the bus fares...

Megabus

Woolley Edge - Aberdeen £50-ish rerturn (Cairngorms)

Leeds - Exeter about the same (Dartmoor)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE