What the World Eats...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It is reckoned, on some pretty strong evidence, that the only way to get a true picture of what people 'actually' eat is to record the litter they produce :rolleyes:

See the binmen ? Fingers on the pulse of society apparantly :D

cheers,
Toddy

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I meant was that particular family richer than the other american family, not the state of california. Im just wondering that because I perceive a richer family may actually eat less, and more healthy than a poorer one (obesity being more common amongst poor westerners than rich ones.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Some are, many are not. Because these figures/statistics are Averages. There are a surprising number of "poor" people in California - as well as a lot of very "rich" people. When you lump them all together and divide by the total Number of people, you get that Average.

But those "statistics" aren't even true numbers. They take a "statistical sample" (a small number of examples), measure their food consumption base upon voluntary surveys, and then multiply those numbers out by the total estimated population count. And then, to get that "average" they divide the total figures by that estimated population count. The margins for errors increase every time they ... guesstimate!

Statistics? An ... intellectual way to lie.

And the State of California is quite HUGE. It's total land mass and population is greater than most any Country in Europe, and also of most Countries in the world.

Personal note: I apologize for bringin up political issues. But I am far from one of the "uneducated/unwashed masses driven by base emotions". I ... survived ... the University system with the ability to think for myself. And I have studied politics, religion, and economics in many different countries over many past centuries. I am not the "common man", nor will I ever be just a "cog in the machine". But I am ... just one man ... with one opinion to share. Take it as such.

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

So long as you have a bank account and a debt, you will always be merely a cog in the machine :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE