The Colony

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Heads up from another member .

New Discovery Prog. a mix between Big Brother , Scrap Heap Challenge and Mad Max with the Back drop of a Post Apocalypse US Of A

Details here.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/colony/colony.html

"What would you do in the wake of a global catastrophe? How would you find food? Water? Shelter?
The Colony is a controlled experiment to see exactly what it would take to survive and rebuild under these circumstances. For 10 weeks, a group of 10 volunteers, whose backgrounds and expertise represent a cross-section of modern society, are isolated in an urban environment outside Los Angeles and tasked with creating a livable society.
With no electricity from the grid, no running water and no communication with the outside world, all the volunteers have to work with are their skills and whatever tools and supplies they can scavenge from their surroundings.
Experts from the fields of homeland security, engineering and psychology have helped design the world of The Colony to reflect elements from both real-life disasters and models of what the future could look like after a global viral outbreak.
Over the course of the 10-week experiment, the Colonists must work together to build the necessities of survival, such as a water-filtration system, a battery bank that powered their electricity, a solar cooker, a shower system and a greenhouse – and even some niceties (a coffee maker!). "

M

M86ney

Iv just finished watching this on youtube, quite enjoyed it. Has anybody else seen it? they made some pretty good stuff like the gasifier(sp?) and the ozoneanator(sp?). definetly worth a watch. the second series started about a month ago in the states, watched a couple of episodes so far but i think the first season was better.

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
I couldnt see anywhere saying this was airing in the UK - when is it on? (or point out where I missed WHERE it said it was on?)

ATB
Dave

Last edited:
M

M86ney

I couldnt see anywhere saying this was airing in the UK - when is it on? (or point out where I missed WHERE it said it was on?)

ATB
Dave
i dont think it did come out in the UK, the first series must be about a year old now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE