What sleeping bag for bivving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sorry, if this is yet another sleeping bag thread. But, I thought I could get some expert help on here. I'm doing the Lyke Wake Walk in mid February and will be bivvy it over 3/4 days, about 12 miles a day. I've a good Gore-Tex bivvy bag, namely the old Survival Aids bivvy bag and probably the use Survival aussie basha if need be.

The question is what sleeping bag would be ideal for this time of year, I've at the moment a Stormlite Rollin' Clouds 300 down bag and maybe use a Snugpak travelite 500 bag with that. I do have a Paramo Velzo smock and Lowe Alpine tights and maybe sleep in them as a back-up.

I've been looking at some sleeping bags on the market,but I would much prefer to the above if all possible. Btw, I've done some bivvy about 20 years ago and must admit I'm a bit rusty after using a tent in that time.

Cheers.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
February can still be cold if your doing a few days get an army bag it will take the hammer , still be warm when wet and cheap , down side its a bit bulky .

Check the ratings on snugpak bags some love um some hate um

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE