What should i pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flecktarnbiker

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2013
Hampshire
Hi all,
I just purchased a trespass 33l camping bag for £21 in the sale. Its my first proper bag so i was wondering what should i pack/ buy to go in my bag for a day of cycling the the woods. So far i have
spare coat
Cooker
Mess tins
Water bottle
Food
Where im 14 if i need to by anything it would need to be on a budget.
Thanks
Fleck

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Mobile phone
Puncture repair kit or a can of emergency tyre repair spray (small can and will get you home)
Mug
Head torch
At least two gas lighters, one in your bag, one in trouser pocket to light your stove (I'm sure your not stupid enough to be smoking).
Waterproof jacket and trousers.
Camera if your phone does not have one.

If your not staying out overnight it would be easier for you (in warmer weather) to take a Thermos flask with a hot drink and sandwiches/crisps/chocolate rather than cook, but cooking is a nice way of passing the time and chilling out.

Watch this and register your phone
[video=youtube;XPZv_8dABfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPZv_8dABfU[/video]

Have fun and let us know how you get on.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Why not ditch the cooker & mess tin and take some home cut sandwiches and a little thermos flask.....

Just an idea :)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

Read post #6;) The lad is young and so long as he's careful its great that he makes himself hot nosh. Really, when you can cook, you can afford the indulgence of a good packed lunch :)

Flecktarnbiker

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2013
Hampshire
Thanks for the help guys! The cycle went well and the weather was great for once. Also Rik i probably wont need a lighter as my stove is self lighting (Saved up for the self lighting version!) but i normally carry one just i case it packs in working.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Read post #6;) The lad is young and so long as he's careful its great that he makes himself hot nosh. Really, when you can cook, you can afford the indulgence of a good packed lunch :)

I did but not until I'd already posted....did um and ah about deleting it but decided I'd just leave it lol :)

And yer, it's nice to cook but easier to have a nice packed lunch and a warm drink from a thermos....was just another idea or option for him :)

Cheers,

Bam. :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks for the help guys! The cycle went well and the weather was great for once. Also Rik i probably wont need a lighter as my stove is self lighting (Saved up for the self lighting version!) but i normally carry one just i case it packs in working.

NEVER rely on electronic ignition on a stove, they fail on a regular basis, good to see you carry back up :)

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Emergency foil blanket , whistle and torch , all in case of the unexpected.....weigh nothing , take up no room and can make a big difference:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE