what should i cook first

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
sorry guys but one more question and then i will be able to season and then cook with them, thanks for help so far. Now then on the instructions supplied by both BR and the web page that mad dave supplied it says to use conola and Crisco oil but can u use any cooking oil or are they the ones you have to use.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Might be a bit obvious, but it says on the original link that they are pre seasoned! so in theory you should be able to use them straight out of the box - but then i am no expert

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A tin of corned beef, cubed
3 Tatties, chopped
1 Leek, chopped
1 Carrot, chopped
1 bottle of Newcy Brown
1/2 pint of beef stock
2 beef oxo cubes, crumbled over the mix

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Might be a bit obvious, but it says on the original link that they are pre seasoned! so in theory you should be able to use them straight out of the box - but then i am no expert
The Pre-seasoning is mainly to stop them rusting before they are sold, I'd never cook in a dutch without scrubbing off whatevery 'it' is they coat it with, and seasoning it (at least three times)
I think the first meal cooking in a new Dutch should be something that takes a long time (three hours Plus) I did a Cassoulet, using Belly pork, chicken, and wild boar sausage.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE