What point and shoot camera, around the £100-£150 mark?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
You can't beat Canon for simple point and shoot cameras. I have an Ixus and it is tiny and well specified. What is most important to me though is that the colours are brilliant and it is fairly simple to muddle through the controls. My Mrs has never taken it off Auto and finds it easy to use to.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I would also sing the praises of the panosonic luminx range. A friend bought a high end one for me/us as a wedding present,unfortunatley it died from serious missus:( later my wife bought a dslr from ge but she wasn't happy with it, really good camera if you eant aload of manual controls and are taking very static images but there is quite abit of time lag on the shutter so no good for spontaneous children/pet photos. However after a bonus from work this summer (woohoo) I bought a luminix camera to swap with my wif's ge one, a lower range one (I forget which model) with 16megapixel and 10 optical zoom, ideal for automatic camera it has a very quick shutter response so good for quick photos. I think I spent under 150 but also bought a case and memory card

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
There are not that many bad cameras about nowadays.

Panasonic Olympus Sony Fuji and Canon all make good compacts Nikon don't really.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE