What on earth is this thing ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kong

Forager
Aug 2, 2013
Somerset
Is it a Triops? I know they can be found in only one or two locations in the UK, they're extremely rare if it is.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
those are my thoughts as well, i can't get monkey puzzle tree out of my mind

i was thinking douglas fir
Pseudotsuga_macrocarpa_cone.jpg

Abies_cone_%26_bits.jpg

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Cute little critter! sadly I bet in the next 5 years he'll be on the top ten most invasive and destructive foreign species list! lol

Oh man I bet he tastes good though, side order or grilled panda cheek and some tiger marrow pate! How decedant!? :D

Robbi

Banned
Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
mystery solved....it's a hoax !

"When i first posted this picture I was entrigued to find out what it was so I asked you's guys. I first seen this pic on the Glasgow Angling Centre's Facebook page and they were asking anyone to identify it. So I went in to check the comments on their page yesterday to see if anyone had identified it but, it turns out it is a hoax! It's made from a Swedish angler/film maker and modeller Stefan Rydehed. Seems like he's caught a few of us out! Here is the link but it is in Swedish so you will need google translate unless your Swedish of course!"

Hans monstermodell fick liv på Facebook | Kvällsposten

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Phew! I can stop googling terrifying giant bugs now. The thing just looks so familiar; something about the twin tail. I guess now that the model maker probably took his inspiration from some film that I have seen. That, or we share the same nightmares!

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE