What mug fits over a M'kettle volcano stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Could any one advise what mug, with folding or no handle they have found to fit over the top of a M'kettle, so with a internal diameter of 3 3/4 inches, maybe a touch over. I'd prefer a tight fit to avoid rattle and plastic over metal but i could live with that. I'd have no problem removing handles.

AtB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Well i've been wandering about with the thing clutched in my paw trying every non pottery cup and pot in the house that looked it could fit. a couple fitted without the neoprene ( or similar) insulation on but I didn't want to be faffing like that. also the pots had bails that got in the way and would eventually damage the case.

Under a drawer where I dump redundent pans and pots on the off chance they will be useful sometime I found a small Peak 1 pot from back in the 80s, It had been the too small to be useful one I never used or carried but it fits nicely on the top of the kettle over the cozy and will do until I can find something better. Volume is 4/5ths of a pint to the brim ( OK exactly 400ml ) when i really want a pint plus some stirring room ( say 600ml ) and not in a material that will burn my lips off ( as a stop gap I'll part tape the rim with electricians tape ).

Prior to finding this I was looking at cheap Chinese titanium which would still need taping .

F6lsejO.jpg

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Does any one have a Tatonka 600ml steel mug they can measure the inside diameter of please? It's looking like a likely candidate and won't break the bank. I'll still have to tape the rim to stop burns but can live with that

Cheers!

Tom

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Does any one have a Tatonka 600ml steel mug
Don´t know if my Tatonka is what you are asking for but it takes 600ml and waterlevel comes to about 1cm from the rim. Inside measured with a tapemeasure (so not very excact result) is about 93mm.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers, this is the one I can get.

Other sites give a ominal exterior diameter of 100mm but I'm loathe to buy it if wont fit. Anything over 95mm interior will fit snuggly. I've tried emailing the company but no reply so far.

Atb

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
I malign them, they have just got back to me and the internal diameter is 96mm, which is a bit too tight to make it easy to use, id have to force it over the neoprene and hand strap each time.

100mm internal seams to be a more practical size.

ATB

Tom

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Got another runner here, the Esbit 625mm stainless steel pot, does anyone have one to measure the internal diameter please?

The maker list 110mm for external but thats the pack size I think including the folded handles.

I've seen them for 14 quid in sales.

Atb

Tom

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE