what kinda fungi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dragonferret

Oct 10, 2005
pl9
The other day i came across a strange looking thing it looked like a mushroom but it was browny - purple in colour with a smooth top and gills underneath . It also looked like it was made out of jelly . it was growing in quite a wet area on the limestone fells . what was it ?

May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Can you get a picture of it? I don't know my fungis (besides tinder fungus and such), but I'm sure there's someone on here that could identify it with a visual... besides, I just want to see this thing! :lmao:

Aug 27, 2006
Kent
I'd go with Blewit as a possible for the time of year, but I wouldn't say they looked like jelly. I'd like to see a picture too, if possible.

dragonferret

Oct 10, 2005
pl9
sorry it was'nt wood blewit . it was a lot darker in colour and not from age as it looked quite fresh . not forgetting it was growing on top of the limestone fells.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
dragonferret said:
sorry it was'nt wood blewit . it was a lot darker in colour and not from age as it looked quite fresh . not forgetting it was growing on top of the limestone fells.

Without a picture I would not pretend to guess...For starters, I have no idea of size...is it Amethyst Deceiver size....

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I've been sucked in....Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :eek: :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE