What I've Been Up To.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Askdamice

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2006
Windsor Ontario Canada
Hello my brothers and sisters,
I've been away for a LONG time and have MANY new threads to check out... I'll be awake for days getting caught up..... lol.

I used to post regularly here but put down my keyboard and picked up a hammer! For the last couple years I've been an ABS Apprentice Smith learning under Master Smith, Wally Hayes in Canada. Every morning I wake up and do what I love to do...(no.... not that!....... after that)

Here are some pics of my work area and past projects... (Sorry to all the dial-up users)

I will be happy to explain any pics or provide additional views if you think something is cool.

NOTHING IS FOR SALE HERE..... THESE ARE ALL PAST PROJECTS... just wanted to share.

The shops.....

My Knife Shop.....
080819112530.jpg

forging area
080819112404.jpg

grinding, drilling and cutting area
080819112434.jpg

080819112458.jpg

the bench
080819112628.jpg

the tool box
080819112736.jpg

hi-tech tempering oven
080819112252.jpg

the help
080819113024.jpg

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
That's some set-up, lucky man.. I like the look of the tinder pouch in the last pic, and that knife in the second pic, I recall the development thread a while back about it..

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
Thanks for posting the photo`s, I like the way your workshop is neat and tidy and divided into sections.
Your work is varied and of a high standard.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Rick great shop there! Some lovely pieces mate.
Dave
Ps I saw the pic of your lad and then scrolled down to see the young lady made me smile mate.... thats a cheeky face I bet they keep you as busy as the workshop.
Dave

W

Wolverau

Amazing workshops........ very very nice :You_Rock_ where did you your tinder boxes from.... i need some of those... :thinkerg:

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
Rick great shop there! Some lovely pieces mate.
Dave
Ps I saw the pic of your lad and then scrolled down to see the young lady made me smile mate.... thats a cheeky face I bet they keep you as busy as the workshop.
Dave

hear hear! just like my kids:- always tidying up, brushing the floor ,etc............!!!

Askdamice

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2006
Windsor Ontario Canada
Amazing workshops........ very very nice :You_Rock_ where did you your tinder boxes from.... i need some of those... :thinkerg:

Just do a web search on "Hudson Bay Tobacco Box" for the same model.... or just black powder or muzzleloading tinder boxes, char tins.... that sort of thing.

I got mine from the Cash Manufactoring Company in the US. Scott there, told me that they sell about 10-15 a year... he just about fainted when I ordered 130 to start with.

Rick

MikeE

Sep 12, 2005
Essex
Poor little slaves, but they do keep it remarkably clean!
Are you sure you work in the place?

Askdamice

Tenderfoot
Jun 20, 2006
Windsor Ontario Canada
Poor little slaves, but they do keep it remarkably clean!
Are you sure you work in the place?

lol..... That was the day I finally sectioned my shop off in the garage....The 6ft walls were brand new.... it hasn't looked the same since! ..... you'll be hardpressed to find an empty space, now!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE