What is your sleepwear?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Quite a few people I camp with seem to sleep with their clothes on when out in the woods overnighting, others go for thermal underwear, some, allegedly, just sleep as nature intended them to be. I go for the thermals route myself, but it's never fun getting changed out of campfire cosy clothing and into neatly stowed and evening chilled thermals.

What is you preferred sleepwear when out camping?

Aug 25, 2022
England
Depends on time of year, T-shirt & Shorts Winter times Hat and thermal underwear plus clean socks. I never go to sleep in my campside clothes as could be damp from weather or sweat.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If I remember to pack it in the rucksack, I'll wear a Norgee shirt but, generally, I'm not too fussed about changing to sleep. The prospect of getting cold and then having to warm up again in the sleeping bag seems a bit of a faff to me. Obviously, if my trousers are soaking or covered in mud, then I'll seek out my spare, clean(-er) pair but, more often than not, it's just a matter of emptying the pockets, untucking or loosening things off, slipping into my sleeping bag liner and then into the bag itself. Oh - if it's cold, I will wear a woolly hat but that often comes off when I sleep so I do sometimes wonder why I bother with it.

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Summer camping, boxers/t shirt.
Winter camping it's thermals... normally ending in boxers and thermal top, maybe a hat.
Admittedly if I'm only on an overnight I'll likely just stick my stuff back on top of the thermals the next day. But normally for a more comfortable sleep I tend to have clean stuff on for bed.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well then - I had better not describe my choice of nightwear .... I will claim that I sleep in the underlayers of my day wear. Clean and dry outer layers get used as pillow stuffing, socks get stowed inside my T-shirt or in shirt pockets in winter, so they are warm and dry in the morning - and easy to find. Body contact clothing is changed regularly (wool less often than cotton) to maintain sweetness of pong - never use synthetic body contact clothing as it needs changing every 10 minutes!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
The same as what I wear at home; jogging bottoms and T shirt too ragged for day wear.

(You can tell I am single)

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
T shirt or and Norgie top, winter softie jacket (other time this is my pillow)
Ron hill tracksters (light and small to carry) or spare clean dry cargo trousers

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
I mean, saying that, I have gone from one extreme to the other...
Summer in the buff in a light bag unzipped to winter in:
Thermal hat,
Shemagh,
Thermal top,
Thermal bottoms,
Wool lined socks,
Down jacked hood up,
All inside my winter sleeping bag...

But I was soon down to boxers and a Thermal top when I realised I'd over estimated how cold I'd get :lol:

However I don't like being out camping in the wild with nothing on, if there is a hint of werewolves and I need to bug out sharpish, I don't want to be searching for my undies in the dark...

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Long sleeved merino, socks and either just pants or merino baselayer depending on the temperature. Usually I've also got a buff, and if it's cold a wooly hat.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I was bought a silk thermal t shirt for Christmas but not being a thermals kinda guy I lost it in the drawers. Rediscovered it is now my goto sleeping bag T shirt along with merino bottoms if cold.

Uber packable, size of a golf ball it lives in the sleeping bag and out if habit I always like a change at bedtime. Slough the old clothes off, bit of a clean and sleeping bag then clean clothes on.

It makes me stay clean and keeps the bag clean over several days.

Reactions: Qwerty

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
I mean, saying that, I have gone from one extreme to the other...
Summer in the buff in a light bag unzipped to winter in:
Thermal hat,
Shemagh,
Thermal top,
Thermal bottoms,
Wool lined socks,
Down jacked hood up,
All inside my winter sleeping bag...

But I was soon down to boxers and a Thermal top when I realised I'd over estimated how cold I'd get :lol:

However I don't like being out camping in the wild with nothing on, if there is a hint of werewolves and I need to bug out sharpish, I don't want to be searching for my undies in the dark...
Oh the wolves won’t mind.

• Haha
Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
In the event that I can't fit my favourite Batman pyjamas in the bergen, it'll be a case of stripping down to my base layers and popping on a clean pair of socks. I'll pop a woolly hat and buff on if its cold.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE