What is your best bit of kit?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

garethw

Settler
Hi there
I've my fabourite bits of kit that don't always get as much use as they could.. ie: My Lowe Alpine Sting pack. Marveous rucksack...

But like John Fenna I was going to say my best and most used piece of kit is the Crusader cup as combined with the lid I use everyweek fishing for brewing up...
Very versatile ....

Gareth

Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
I absolutely adore my wildlife hatchet, it gets tons more use than my other blades in the woods. I've had it for 3 months and I haven't had to sharpen it yet. My mora robust and my lowe alpine sting come a close second.

MarkinLondon

Nomad
May 17, 2013
Bedfordshire
Surefire EO2 torch - the day I can't replace the bulb will be sad indeed
Svea 123 - completely reliable
British Army Arctic sleeping bag - best sleeping bag I've ever owned
SwissBianco Bushcrafter SAK
Joonas Kallioniemi puukko - though it's a new purchase I'm certain that it will remain with me forever
Randall #3 knife - it's trapped in the USA and I can't get it over here!!!
Patagonia SST jacket - It's kept me dry through a hurricane and more foul weather than I care to recall.
Wynnchester surplus Italian Alpini backpack - rugged beyond belief. I can't imagine replacing it.
Cegga 19inch small axe

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
My favourite bits of kit, like my Bison Bushcrafter variant, Cegga hatchet, stratosphere bivvi etc might not get onto everyones' lists because others may have a favourite knife, axe or bivvi for different reasons. But in terms of items which serve me better than other similar items I've tried, I'd have to suggest:

My Kochanski Billy - non stick, extremely durable and the pouring spout and side handles (as well as a bail arm) provide a better level of versatility than anything else I've used.
My Silky Gomtaro saw - unbelievable performance surpasses anything else (IMHO of course)
My Bushbuddy stove - excellent burning function coupled with the flexibility to use with either wood or a maths burner

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Well if we include non bushy items then the last thing I will get ridd of will be my multitool.
I was a tinker from a kid, taking my toys apart a making my own. absolutely in love with the McGyver figure. So my Leatherman is the extention of my soul and at work and among my friends I'm known as the tool guy :)

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
My tarp! Iv not done much bushcrafty stuff recently but iv done some bike and bivy and it's the 1st thing I grab when going camping even if I'm in a tent it still comes with me.
After that probably my leather man bought it on a whim but I use it every day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE