what is a possibles pouch?

oldsoldier

Forager
Jan 29, 2007
MA
a possibles pouch is actually meant to hold some patches, powder, caps, & balls, for black powder rifles. This allows for ease of loading, for the "possiblility" of getting two shots off at a deer, for instance. Other things are kept in there too, but these are quite common among black powder shooters, and some are truly works of art!

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I use mine to keep the small things that I want to have to hand around camp, but are a pain to keep in the pocket, such as hand gel, ferro rod, spork, salt sachets, coffee sachets, you know the type of stuff which is handy to have at hand saving a trip back and forward to the rucsack every time you want something small. It's a leather one but fairly small so does'nt get in the way.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
I tend to think of it as a survial kit you actually use. It is what Ray Mears writes about in his first book, and is more of a 'Be Preparded' bag than anything else.

I like Wayland's Snugpac Response bag, lot of kit but all makes sense.

An even easier way to think about what one is, empty your pockets, and then imagine what else would be there, if it was 200 years ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE