What have you started but not finished

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was looking around the bat cave tonight and I realised that I'm surrounded by half finished projects. I never seem to get round to seeing things through before something new comes along.

A lovely chestnut burl which I've cut in half to make a couple of kuskas, roughed out one but not even started the other.

One of HillBills knife kits, got the scales on but that's it.

Loads of half finished penny stoves and various biscuit/coffee/chocolate tins for woodburners.

A started knife from on old file of my grandads

Crooked knife rehandle job, just got a square block of birch on but not much else.

Horse hoof fungus in various stages of being chopped up for amadou

Two pine stumps from Achray waiting to but cut into fat sticks

Recycled leather bags without cordage yet

Allly sheet from the back of an old electric fire, cut for a Crusader lid but not bevelled or filed yet

Midge net mod for an old hammock setup

Ripstop nylon bags, again waiting for cordage and toggles

Bucksaw from an old dining room chair, needs a blade, tensioner and a peg

Leather sheath for a knife, cut out and drilled for sewing so far

Lots of stainless pots from charity shops, some cut for billies and hobbo stoves, most of them are just stacked up though.

Cordura pouches and bags for tidying up my wannigan, drawn the cuts picked out some old stitching.

Anyone else do this or am I just a half job ?

I think I need to book a couple of months off and get stuck in.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
There always seems to be bits to finish off when I do rooms too. Just silly little things but it annoys the hell out of the wife.

TomBartlett

Spoon worrier
Jun 13, 2009
Madison, WI
www.sylvaspoon.com
Lots of spoons I want to sand down, a small bowl with a crack i need to fix, lots more projects I want to do, but haven't even started. As well as a list as long as my arm for non-bushy stuff, mainly planning a trip to the States and relocating to Costa Rica for a bit.

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2009
england
:lmao: im just the same
3 knifes i made need handling (a small neck knife, a small bushcraft knife and a food prep knife), they all have scales and pins ready, all i need to do is glue them, shape them and make some simple sheaths, plus a axe head needs reshaping, heat treatment, and a handle and sheath made :D
not bushcraft related is even worse:), my main road bike has just been stripped down and waiting for a rebuild, want to strip the paint from the frame and rims then polish it up while i have the chance, this is at the top of my to do list so it will defiantly get done
have a xc mtb in pieces still ( 3 years ago i stripped it down and went to rebuild it but i haven't got round to it yet
while on bike related, if i buy a frame, swing arm and rear shock there's enough parts in my shed to build a 125cc pit bike
started to get some backpacking kit together and still haven't managed to get the basics, i have the money, but simply have had other things on my mind ( involved in a accident, broke collar bone, had surgery, waiting for police to sort it out still, building back up my shoulder strength and movement but im not really in a state to backpack anyway :) :( )
i have plenty of stuff in the "to sell" pile as well, its loosing value every day i don't sell it, if i don't hurry up i will have to keep it till its an antique

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
u lot are lazy buggers and need to get of your backsides and well get them finished or is it just a case of never learning the rule me dad taught me and that is if you are going to do a job do it PROPERLY and till its FINISHED

I have a blade and a couple of pieces of wood sitting in my kitchen waiting completion however sawing through my thumb on thursday evening has put my little project to the side for the moment! A slow trip to A&E and a bandaged up thumb has been hindering just about every activity I do! Spent friday picking shards of bone out of my saw!! Wife has threatened to remove all my sharps!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nothing half finished except projects that need seasonal addittions (ie willow hoops made for a basket that I intend weaving with brambles which I will harvest in the autumn) but loads of bits for future projects clutter up my workshop... blades and handling kit for knives, files for forging projects, leather bits for ...leather things... fabric, cordage...you name it - its there somewhere!

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Life!
heh, kinda obvious i know ;)
erm, couple of spoons i really need to sand, a knife that needs a handle and a hobo stove that needs cutting out at the moment.
i do have lots of material for cloaks i got way back but i haven't done them, tbh i don't have a sewing machine strong enough for the wool twill but i really need to pull my finger out lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE