What have you done Ray

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Oh dear Mr Mears

Just seen the latest Go Compare ad with RM netting the GC Singing Guy.

For shame

I applaud the bloke, having two jobs ... getting out there and working to keep him and his family fed, and housed. It may not of been the full series on TV that he was after, but good on him for finding something to tide him over :rolleyes: :)

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
RM always comes across to me as being a bit too serious and lacking in humour - so maybe he has a light hearted side after all.

Good luck to anybody that can get paid for not doing very much (apart from bankers, professional footballers etc.......)

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
He'll have earned himself a good £20k or so for that advert. Good on him.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.
Seriously? Is that how much money is in that stuff? Geez. I'm in the wrong line of work. But really, you're joking right?

I say good on him. Milk it Ray.

pyrotech

Oct 1, 2012
Aylesbury
he won't get that.... oh no, firstly there's his basic studio fee, may not be too much.. but then there is the use fee (commonly called repeat fee), and this is paid for every showing...and it varies by channel. the bigger the viewer numbers per channel the higher the fee.... and all laid down by union. so by the time your peed off listening to the ad.. somebody can have pocketed quite a tidy sum.

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
Go for it Ray!

He did one a couple of years ago for the Post Office but I don't think it aired.

[video=youtube;DXzPtiAwYsk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXzPtiAwYsk[/video]

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
mears, d'ye mind? i'm talking to the bear! awesome!

to be fair, mr mears has always had a wry dry sense of humour. i was gobsmacked watching him feeding ewan macgregor hot chocolate in an aluminium mug!!! that's madness!!! then it transpired that it was a rather unpleasant practical joke. well harsh, but, kind of funny. :)

cheers, and.

Last edited:

Celberon

Dec 17, 2006
UK
Ray knows his stuff, has no need to prove anything to anyone and only laughs when there's something naturally worth laughing at. Sounds like good bush company to me.

:camping:

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I see that from 9 dvd's and worldwide recognition of his bushcraft knowledge and training the army that you may be in the minority on that one!:)

RM

ReamviThantos

Native
Jun 13, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
i pride myself in being as boring as i possibly can be, but RM believe me he ain't boring, i take it you've only seen him in his adverts Expat? Or your not actually interested in the facets of the Bushcraft tree. Boring...sheesh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE