What has it got in it's pocketses? Thread Mk2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

kato

Tenderfoot
Oct 18, 2006
NW England
10636044_10152600106327295_6219541679141288575_n.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Lots of handkerchiefs in one cargo pocket as little sandbender#2 has an extraordinarily runny nose, in the other cargo pocket, A notebook, pencil and a length of para cord (about 2 m). A Doug Ritter RSK1 hooked into one pocket and my cheap as chips Nokia mobile in another smaller cargo pocket.

As I'm wearing 5.11 TacLite shorts, I don't have back pockets but largish slash type cargo storage things and earlier today they contained a child's hat and a small bear called Anna.

Something like this...

P1150023.JPG

:)

Last edited:

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
These plus a wallet and phone are my edc

P1000696.jpg

pocket knife, lighter, torch

I might add this
P1000694.jpg

it holds a packed up water carrier, sharpening kit and repair kit (in place of the torch)

a SAK, FAK, water bottle and some grub for a day out too

Great looking little pocket knife and lighter / torch. Where did you get them if you don't mind my asking.

iofiv

Aug 27, 2014
Lancashire
Wallet, Swiss Army knife, mini maglite, disposable lighter, old mobile with heroic battery life, small first aid kit, keys, contact lens case.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Great looking little pocket knife and lighter / torch. Where did you get them if you don't mind my asking.

knife is a Queen CC sodbuster jr re handled with wood scales - still carry daily unless the GEC #15 wants a run out

lighter is a repro WW1 type - forget where I got it but there are plenty on the net - roughly £10 + postage when I last looked

the brass torch well that was a bit tricker got it from peakledsolutions.net can't recall the exact spec as they make them up for you from a list of options - it has a red led as I like to try and keep my night vision

the leather slips I made myself out of scraps

not carrying them so much over the summer as i've a different set I prefer...

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Right front...
Wallet.
Mobile phone.

Left front...
Keys and loose change.

Left rear, Pozi 2 screwdriver bit and a countersink.

That's it, nothing special.

At work I have a Hammer, tape measure, pincers, pencil, stanley knife, punch, small adjustable, small nail bar.

Although I own one of those Leatherman multitools things it doesn't get much use as I have the full size tools nearby so it mostly stays in the van.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
As a general rule -

On keys -
House keys
SAK farmer
Exotac mini firesteel and striker
Fenix ld15 mini torch
2 x mini waterproof capsules with cotton wool and birch bark respectively
True utility mini nail clippers

Zippo lighter
Pre rolled roll ups in box
Pack of polo's

Mobile phone on belt

When at work I substitute my keys ring for -
Work keys
SAK tinker
Fenix e01 torch

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Toddy, sorry if this is slightly off topic but your thread got me thinking about what i normally take out with me if im going for a walk in the woods which then led to me playing about with an altoids tin so i had everything all in one place and at hand.

[video=youtube;yk0BOnmFwCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk0BOnmFwCU[/video]

Apart from my mobile phone, house keys and maybe water bottle this is what i tend to have on my person, plus a shiny new belt pouch to keep it in.

Hamster

Last edited by a moderator:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Knife, torch, lighter, Leatherman Micra, silver gripper tweezers, whistle, ferro rod, collapsing pen, split hide gloves and, strangely, an 8" scythe stone!

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
As I stand right now.
Watch
Survival paracord bracelet
Wallet
Fresnal lens
Survival card
Buck multi tool
CRKT folding knife
Buff
Car keys
Whistle
Write in the rain note pad
Survival pen Laix B2-H
Pencil sharpener
Leather brewzer

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Buck 277 alpha hunter, paracord, .22 pellets, a huge pile of debris from crawling through a hedge (dont ask.........lol) and a wallet n phone

time for a bath n bed!

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
In response to Hammoack hamster,
ooh yes, I like that, very neat and a lovely job on the leather pouch, do you make those to sell ? If so, please pm me the details, I feel a need coming on !

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Nothing much has changed since my earlier post in this thread. However I have made this addition...

I hate having the pages of my notebook crumpled and have channeled my 'inner geek' to produce a pocket protector so that the notebook in my thigh pocket remains safe and that my pen doesn't accidentally open.

P3160001.JPG

Easy enough to make, just cut to shape from an Ikea 'DRÄLLA' chopping board (use scissors) and bob is your uncle.

P3160002.JPG

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
Had a few pints, decided to take a short cut on the way home?

close, rescuing chap on an MTB that had had more than a few pints....lol he was riding all over the place about 100yds in front of me then his flashy light disappeared...as i passed the spot i saw him upside down in hedge bottom. hes gonna have a headache this morning for sure.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE