What Hammock

Feb 4, 2009
Steyning
PLanning on getting a Hammock, been looking at DD hammocks, is there much differnt between scout and camping? thanks
Also i am looking to spend around £25 does anyone have any better hammocks to look at, i would be willing to buy second hand

Thanks jon

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I have a Nomads Land hammock which is made from parachute silk, packs down tiny but is bigger and I find a lot comfier than the nylon models.

They are available here for £25

EDIT:

and welcome to the forum :D

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
I'd also recommend a Nomads Land hammock. I'm 6' 1" and pretty wide, and I can lie full stretch in it diagonally ( so that I can lie flat ) and there's room to spare. Packs down small, dries quickly, lightweight etc. Hundreds of bushcrafters and paddlers ( from the group buys on BCUK and SOTP ) can't be wrong.

Cheers, Michael.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
not sure just been in touch with dd and the gb will have to wait till late march...they have sold out of stock and are waiting for new stock..
i can start it anytime but no delivery till april.

Dec 16, 2007
I have ordered a diamond rain fly from mosquito hammocks and paid for it via paypal on the 1/2/09 got e mail 0n the 2nd to say it is dispatched and it turned up all the way from Bangkok this morning a total of only 5 days to get here from payment. P&P was free for it to take 15 days which is what I did. I could of paid $25 for it to get here in 5 days but now I am one happy customer. Good comms via e mail and always kept in the loop with them. For the fly it is good quality and replaces the one on my HH Aysm deluxe it is bigger than the standard one that comes with it so it is in between the standard and the hex fly.

PS nothing to do with company just happy customer blah blah.

Swampy.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I have ordered a diamond rain fly from mosquito hammocks and paid for it via paypal on the 1/2/09 got e mail 0n the 2nd to say it is dispatched and it turned up all the way from Bangkok this morning a total of only 5 days to get here from payment. P&P was free for it to take 15 days which is what I did. I could of paid $25 for it to get here in 5 days but now I am one happy customer. Good comms via e mail and always kept in the loop with them. For the fly it is good quality and replaces the one on my HH Aysm deluxe it is bigger than the standard one that comes with it so it is in between the standard and the hex fly.

PS nothing to do with company just happy customer blah blah.

Swampy.

Agreed a very good company

(not married to MD or any other connections etc etc)

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
not sure just been in touch with dd and the gb will have to wait till late march...they have sold out of stock and are waiting for new stock..
i can start it anytime but no delivery till april.

forget my last....dd are waiting for camping hammocks to arrive..possible mid the late april.
but they have everything else..so gb starting next week or so.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE