What gift can i make for my girlfriend?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boosh

Tenderfoot
Jan 3, 2007
The New Forest
Can anyone recommend a nice little project that would be a nice sentimental gift to give to a partner?

During all the usual hype and over-spending that certain times of the year brings (xmas and the likes), we have often done a £5 or £10 challenge where we have'nt been able to spend over this amount on each other. This gets you thinking about the gift a bit more an the gifts always end up being more sentimental with a lot more meaning behind them that the usual tat brought from gift shops.

I'd love to give a present that i have made from scratch, and there are some excellent crafts on here so i thought i'd ask the pro's! :D

Has anyone made thier partners anything worth mentioning? I don't mean a billy can or a coke can stove either!

Thanks for any suggestions,

Boosh.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I second the love spoon idea. I'm starting to practice carving as I'd like to make one for my girlfriend and I also want to do a smaller one (different style too) as a Christening present.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i like the sound of the welsh love spoon, it looks very very hard but give it a go and see how it turns out
leon

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Boosh said:
:D Good idea, but i'd like to keep what little looks i have thank you!

The love spoon and the choker is a great idea, might do some investigating into those.

Thanks,

Boosh.

I like to add a bit of laughter to these otherwise very serious discussions:D!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
For people living outside of Wales I guess the love spoon is quite a nice idea but when you can see them in every shop in town the nice idea becomes well just that a nice idea.

I saw a nice carving in the States, SeaWorld of all places!
It was based on a life time of wanting something that most people would never be able to do, in this instance it was a young girl from England who had always wanted to swim with a Killer Whale and at SeaWorld they gave her her wish and as a momento she was given a beautiful Necklace with a Carved Whale's Tail Fin.
So has your girlfriend ever wished for something that she hasn't been able to do or get? If so and it is something you can carve or make then do that?

It will make her day!!

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Boosh said:
Can anyone recommend a nice little project that would be a nice sentimental gift to give to a partner?
Mine loved the free LED torch from the magazine, and I was going to give it her but the battery died. You can get them for around £1 from e-bay, but you need to by 5 and maybe sell the rest as a group buy here :)

Mine also loved the jam jar tent light that uses tea lights, but used various bits of metal that I happened to have in the garage.

Anyway for £5 a big bar of galaxy is always a winner :lmao:

8thsinner

Nomad
Dec 12, 2005
London
I tried the Mp3 player and custom made leather case lines two solstices ago, and it went down a treat.
Also with leather made braclets (spanish ring knots) Key ring holders and the likes, Or how about a edge braided picture frame with you on one side and her on the other, preferably of a great happy time.

Carved whistles, fabric and patterns, and a sewing machine but that never took.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
leon-b said:
i like the sound of the welsh love spoon, it looks very very hard but give it a go and see how it turns out
leon

Leon, I'll send you one, you can rough up the edges a bit, and tell her you made it ;)

cyclist

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 9, 2006
holstein
Boosh said:

depends on you and your parther, on how much time and money you want to invest, on what you expect the gift will perform in the future ....

During all the usual hype and over-spending that certain times of the year brings (xmas and the likes), we have often done a £5 or £10 challenge where we have'nt been able to spend over this amount on each other. This gets you thinking about the gift a bit more an the gifts always end up being more sentimental with a lot more meaning behind them that the usual tat brought from gift shops.

I'd love to give a present that i have made from scratch, and there are some excellent crafts on here so i thought i'd ask the pro's! :D

Has anyone made thier partners anything worth mentioning? I don't mean a billy can or a coke can stove either!

Thanks for any suggestions,

Boosh.

my conclusion:
a. plant a tree for her on a place or spot that has a meaning to your partner and your relationsship
b. write a book about how much your partner and your relationship means to you

and (as the ultimate gift) c: take a lot of time rather than invest a couple of hours (and for sure not just a few minutes). Do your very best and make 3 or more out of you 2

Love a bushcrafter, we need more of them. ;)

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
I have found there is one problem with offering gifts made by yours truely. When they break they come back for fixing.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE