What do you want to Buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Tony, have a look at the new Echo saws. Had the rep come around a couple of weeks ago and, i have to say, the new range is way better than the Stihl ones we had a borrow of last month, and a lot cheaper.

As for what i'd like: Aside from Woodygirls wishlist, just an upgrade for the d-max, maybe the new xtr or the new ineos grenadier when it comes out.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Tony, have a look at the new Echo saws. Had the rep come around a couple of weeks ago and, i have to say, the new range is way better than the Stihl ones we had a borrow of last month, and a lot cheaper.

As for what i'd like: Aside from Woodygirls wishlist, just an upgrade for the d-max, maybe the new xtr or the new ineos grenadier when it comes out.

I wasn't aware that Echo made an electric chainsaw! However, as I said, already having Makita battery powered tools swayed my decision - it's a bit like sticking to a camera make because you have loads of lenses :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id like a job.

Im not sure what I want kit wise, -I already have plenty and most of it Im happy with.

Id like opportunities (ie money) to travel a bit. Sadly the Conference I wanted to attend in Wick has been cancelled.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm thinking of converting some of the money I've saved for moot and wilderness (sorry wont be comming this year sadly) could be put to good use retro fitting my lifestyle for the inevitable slump that's going to come.
Not that I can afford it, but solar system for the roof.. water heating and electricity .

I have already got
Seeds and jars and lids.
Greenhouse ( bought the sun bubble )

I must get
A trailer for the electric bike.. new battery (might be cheaper to get a new bike with that one! Whisper batteries cost super bucks) spare inner tubes and tyres.

But land is what I want most. Never going to have enough cash mind.
A friend just sold their allotment bought for £750 ten years ago for £8,000! Yeow!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
A circular saw (Makita, 190mm, mains power)...there has been a run on DIY tools almost as bad as the toilet tissue run, and I think it will take much longer to re-stock! I spent WAY too much time working with 3/4" man-made board the other weekend trying to get straight, square, edges using a combination of a slightly knackered jigsaw and 1/4 router. Same story every time I have to cut MDF, chip board or OSB. I can plane the plywood, but it doesn't do the plane any good and is still more work than I would like to spend.

I REALLY want a good 14" bandsaw...the Record 350 Sabre has really taken my fancy, never mind that it is strongly debatable that I do not have space for it! I have a lot of wood that I have been saving for years, decades in some cases, that needs a good bandsaw to re-saw into thinner stock. Not to mention Tufnol, G10, stabilised wood and a pile of teak window frames to re-cycle. A carbide tooth blade would be cool too. A cheaper saw would possibly do, but the sabre has an up-rated guide system (among other things) and from using other saws I know that the lesser guides would annoy the hell of of me.

Before Covid19 struck I was scheming for how I could get a Seek Outside Silvertip tipi for adventures in the US and New Zealand. I was going to see about picking one up in the US then using it while travelling there. Every part of that plan has rather gone out the window. Still really fancy the tent, but the prospect of paying all the shipping and duty to have one sent to the UK puts me off

One can but dream!

Chris

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Wish to buy? Probably a proper sea going fishing boat. Like a 16-20ft with a cuddy ideally! and enough money to pay for all the costs haha.

I want to buy a kayak this year, hoping to take it to mull this year, and hopefully go out on some etive wild camping / fishing trips with it.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I'd like time. Time to do all the 'jobs' and a whole load more to indulge in the growing range of projects that interest me.

That, and a job in September. For obvious lock-down reasons, I haven't had the opportunity to secure another teaching post for the new academic year. As the days go by, it is becoming increasingly worrying...

I know that these things are not items that you can buy but they are at the top of my 'shopping list' - cost: nothing; value: priceless.

Last edited:
Reactions: Woody girl

bushytoo

Forager
Feb 15, 2012
london
Warbonnet blackbird XLC double layer, two DD 4x4 tarp and an exped downmat or thermarest. Prefer a pad instead of UQ because they require less care and can go to ground.I was going to start buying next month but with all the chaos going on I'm just going to save the money for now.

Reactions: Short_edc

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've been looking for the right kind of vintage chore/workmans waistcoat for a while

problem is it needs to fit just right andthere is little chance even when the markets were open to find what i'm after

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Wish to buy? Probably a proper sea going fishing boat. Like a 16-20ft with a cuddy ideally! and enough money to pay for all the costs haha.

I want to buy a kayak this year, hoping to take it to mull this year, and hopefully go out on some etive wild camping / fishing trips with it.

Managed to realise the dream this week. Got me a feelfree gemini tandem sit on kayak. Had an outing on the local canal today, impressions are good!

Reactions: Allison McKenzie

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I want more money. With that I can get what I want. Money makes a lot more stuff possible in this modern world I'm afraid so I want more of it.

Seriously, can't spend anymore. Got a tablet, Garmin tracker for me and son. Got a firepit. Got a few distraction toys for the son during no school lockdown. I'm spending a lot less on diesel for the van and car but we're spending on food so much more it's scary. We're exercising more and home boredom creates snackers of us all.

Despite that I want a bracket to allow me to carry a cycle seat pack plus a seat post light on the end of the rack on that bracket. I'm buying a new cycle bell as the cheapo one is rubbish and rips my thumb for some reason. I'll possibly buy a few notebooks for various tasks. I'll also consider buying something more outdoorsy too if I can afford it? There's so much kit I need as I've not really bought much for years. Outdoor shoes, probably fell shoes to retire my heavy boots. I need a new fleece or more likely softshell. Outdoor socks. New sun hat/cap. The list goes on. But the most important thing I need is a new job once this pandemic situation settles down. Anyone know where I can get that?

I had a good job last year to apply for but missed the deadline through being disorganized. It would have had me working 4 days a week all year round for 4 years in the Cumbrian outdoors. I think I met the job description pretty well and it was for more money too. The job involved walking in the lakes monitoring woodland be and setting up test equipment. Never had a proper outside job before, not one that paid at all!!

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
I've been looking for the right kind of vintage chore/workmans waistcoat for a while

problem is it needs to fit just right andthere is little chance even when the markets were open to find what i'm after

Got a Stormy kromer, outstanding !

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I have two things I can’t seem to tear myself away from. Neither are essentials, but both are ‘wants’. The Dax is ridiculously pricey at over £2500. The electric scooter is close to £1000. Both out of reach financially at the moment, but I can dream. :)

This Honda Dax. A mate of mine had one years ago and as well as just about carrying two, it was tremendous fun in the woods or for zipping to the offy with a rucksack.

And this high powered Widewheel scooter.

8BF84D72-50A8-46B6-8019-DDF8187D1FA8.jpeg60B122C0-B63D-4C88-965E-D59E89C03C7C.jpeg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE