What do you think

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Disco1

Settler
Jan 31, 2015
UK
What do you think of some of the kit coming out of China. Ive had a few bits and pieces and have been well pleased with it. I had several brand name products gerber and leatherman brewzer.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Hmm, not long ordered a brewzer from China.... I'm chuffed that it should be good as new! I'll post up when it arrives

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
In relation to bushcraft

Hehe. I got that part :p

I'd originally thought you were asking about Chinese 'clones' and not (theoretically) genuine kit from China.

I actually get a lot of kit shipped from China/Hong Kong, and I've not had any problems. Impulse buys are usually Heinnie or Amazon.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
A few years ago I started to notice that several of the outdoors manufacturers were making identical kit (cookware and the like) and soon enough I realised that they were just putting their names onto Chinese kit (you often see exactly the same kit on that Alibaba site where they put whatever name you want on it and they supply thousands of the things).

From that point on I realised that it didn't make much difference if it said Primus or Optimus on it it was just as likely made in China. That.s for the new cookware anyway.

Chinese LED lighting is great, affordable and in my experience just works. I couldn't care less that someone paid a couple of hundred notes for a pushbike light, mine cost twenty quid and the damn thing is as good or better than the lights I've had on most of my motorbikes.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
I have little bushcraft kit from China, but recently bought a small Cooking pot on Dealextreme.
I`ve found the pot to be both useful and long lasting. Not much you could do wrong making an aluminium Cooking pot though.
I also own a buthane stove made in China (the sort you screw on top of a small canister) and I`m very pleased With that item too.

However I bought a Taylor brand? Horse Bowie, and that I`m not pleased With. But I Guess one gets what one pays for most of the time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE