What do you recon to these as cold weather boots ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Quite popular for under 21s when it comes to workwear,de rigueur with trackies and hoodie.
Worth investing in some artic socks though, for extra comfort.:campfire:

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
The steel toe caps will make your toes cold.

I was issued Sorel safety boots with removable felt liners years ago, and we even got cold toes in them. They were rated to -25 too, but after a few hours at -15 you noticed your toes starting to complain. .....

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
The steel toe caps will make your toes cold.

I was issued Sorel safety boots with removable felt liners years ago, and we even got cold toes in them. They were rated to -25 too, but after a few hours at -15 you noticed your toes starting to complain. .....

cheers mate i never thought about the steel caps and the cold !

cheers andrew

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Don't know about for cold weather, but I wear riggers every day. Brilliant things for just pull on and go, kick them off by the kitchen door.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Regardless of what type of boot you go for I am a convert to the large Sealskinz waterproof socks.

I was working in deep snow last winter with leaky boots and my feet were warm and dry all day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE