what did everyone think then?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I must admit that after the first programe in this series (the stone age one) which i thoughly enjoyed the following programmes have been disapointing

and after the first programme it seems to have become a programme about ray and the places he likes to visit

i hope the next programme is better

jstyles

Sep 24, 2004
Wirral, UK
www.freewebs.com
A(nother) great episode!

I can kind of understand some folks' concerns with the "about Ray" feel. However, is that such a bad thing given that he's got so much to share with those who are keen to learn? Anyway - it's his show!

As per Kim's entry, above : if you've leanrt something you didn't know before - then you shouldn't complain. Quite agree!

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
if theres any other bushcraft shows on the box i suggest watching them because they are bound to be intensive bushcraft from start to finish everything you've ever wanted to know and more! Oh hold on :roll: no there isn't any others is there :?: i've watched 3 tv programmes in 3 weeks and they just happen to be RM's entertaining and bushcrafty prog's, beggars cant be choosers you know :shock: :rolmao: :nana:

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Beggars may not be able to be choosers but TV licence payers can. More than that TV viewers can; they can turn off, watch something else, write into the BBC or whatever.
If being the only thing of its type on offer makes something good then I presume the Trabant was a good car in the old Soviet Bloc countries.
Just because something is the only thing of its type on offer only makes it the best of what's on offer (ie first in a field of one). That 'Bushcraft' is all that's on TV at the moment about the 'craft' doesn't make it any good. It may be a good programme or it may not but that's a matter of opinion not in any way related to its uniqueness at the moment.

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Very good point Notbob - and JP you talked all the way through episode two and you were sober! :nana:

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Kit hounds - the plastic box thing Ray had with his whatever it was in it can be found in the Silvermans catalogue and I think Strikeforce or some one sells em too!

I can almost see the search engines wrrrring into life! :rolmao: :?: :rolmao:

Best bits JP - :cry:

M

Metala Cabinet

What was the name of the book about the ill-fated scientific expedition? It sounded interesting and I need something to read next Thursday as I find myself with an unexpected 1 hour long window in my diary.
By the way, why didn't the professor bloke who got called 'a little child' by the locals because he couldn't make a tin of sardines ask them who made their machetes/parangs? I can't be more definite as to details as I'd begun to lose interest by this stage in the programme (possibly quite early on).

WTH

Sep 9, 2004
London, UK
Fast forwarded through a lot of that guy's ramble - especially when he went on about being like God. Talk about delusions of grandeur.

If Ray actually produced an informative and practical program, then who'd sign up for his Bushcraft courses?

Knowledge may weigh nothing, but who said it was free?

As far as I'm concerned, the series has gone from interesting to ho hum remarkably quickly.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
not good IMO. And you guys are going on about kit again

I also thought it a bit odd that the locaks were so down on that guy because he couldn't make a tin or cooking pot.

What so of stones would you find in a jungle that could be used for cutting tools?

M

Metala Cabinet

I wasn't just being sarky, I am genuinely interested in knowing the title of that book RM mentioned.
Who says the new RM series doesn't contain useful information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE