what car you driving?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
I loved my A6 just wasnt quick enough. Was parked up the other day and an Audi Q7 pulled up beside me and god knows why but it had been painted matt black. Looked like it had been done in aerosol hammerite and proper s***e

Ha ha ! I've seen a Porsche 911 in Barnsley with the same dodgy paint job and black windows too. I think he might like the film "Condorman"
condorman2.jpg
But got Michael Crawfords other, more famous character to spray it:lmao:

gettingajob1.jpg

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
My disco, but its just about died, the land rover tin worm has gone too far now. It was fun for the last 4 years despite it being so crap.
discoweb.jpg

Had this for a while but circumstances forced a much regretted sale.:(
duallyweb.jpg

Just got this though, for my camper van conversion, wait for the shouts of derision:D but it suits my needs (land rover is too small and weak). Great fun to drive;)
DSCF2857.jpg

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The problems I have experience of in RB44's have always been life threatening but fortunate, they range from the drivers quarter window flying out and smashing into an on coming van turned out the van was stolen, to the brakes failing completely while loaded with a pallet of CRv7, unable to stop we coasted through the traffic lights where we had wanted to turn left to head up to carter barracks, and on to stop out side the chippy in Tidworth as the road starts to climb out towards the Military cemetery, had a small fish and chips while waiting for recovery, even had the clicky gear box explode while crossing the Severn bridge, after being removed from the bridge, we were treated to a trip under it for a look around, horrid wagon, great time:D but was very happy to shed them in favour of the Pinnie:).

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
The problems I have experience of in RB44's have always been life threatening but fortunate, they range from the drivers quarter window flying out and smashing into an on coming van turned out the van was stolen, to the brakes failing completely while loaded with a pallet of CRv7, unable to stop we coasted through the traffic lights where we had wanted to turn left to head up to carter barracks, and on to stop out side the chippy in Tidworth as the road starts to climb out towards the Military cemetery, had a small fish and chips while waiting for recovery, even had the clicky gear box explode while crossing the Severn bridge, after being removed from the bridge, we were treated to a trip under it for a look around, horrid wagon, great time:D but was very happy to shed them in favour of the Pinnie:).

I've read several tales of woe regarding the RB44, and after going over mine I can understand why, maintenance has definitely not been carried out according to the military manual.
However I've read numerous stories of the RB44 being very reliable in private hands, African expeditions etc.

Time will tell, but if the brake problem rears its ugly head then a disc conversion isn't too difficult to sort out, as for the gearbox, well I'm on the third box in the disco,the axles are made of chocolate, and are not that great off road without modifications, rose tinted specs seem to be well used with Land Rovers.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
A Mitsubishi Pajero Mk2. I used to be a landrover fan, now I might not be driving the most economical vehicle on the road (or off it) but if it holds together for another year I will be able to insure it as a classic, at the moment it is a pain to insure. Mitsu's should not be underestimated, the roots of the car go back to Mitsubishi producing a jeep under licence, and then the Japs thought they could do it better, but isn't the landie, just the same, a copy of a jeep with some improvements? The super select gear change is an improvement on the series landie for sure.

Ben Trout

Nomad
Feb 19, 2006
Wiltshire, GB
This my Fugly:

poles.jpg

2003 Nissan Navara Outlaw. My little yellow-beast (Skoda Felicia Fun) was written off last year so I needed another truck. Five seats and useful load bay. The electrics work, there is space to put my elbows and the seats don't stop at bolt upright. Since I got it I've joined Wessex 4x4 Response, I'm WE011.

Sadly it is japanese and has nothing like the character of the bananna Skud, but it is stating to feel like mine:

darkicon.jpg

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
A Mitsubishi Pajero Mk2. I used to be a landrover fan, now I might not be driving the most economical vehicle on the road (or off it) but if it holds together for another year I will be able to insure it as a classic, at the moment it is a pain to insure. Mitsu's should not be underestimated, the roots of the car go back to Mitsubishi producing a jeep under licence, and then the Japs thought they could do it better, but isn't the landie, just the same, a copy of a jeep with some improvements? The super select gear change is an improvement on the series landie for sure.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
Some nice looking run-arounds :)

Currently: A 2002 Audi A4 1.9 TDI Avant I recently "gave" to the missus to replace her 120k '99 1.0 Polo - Still got that bloody thing!!! :soapbox:
So now my daily drive is a 2003 1.9 Renault Traffic - It does the job..... and that job is to carry my pride, joy and weekend run-around.....

543338_287393411355681_1413493923_n.jpg

A 2010 RMZ 450 :headbang:

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
561f40af-f64d-f5d4.jpg

My new ride. Heart said defender, head said no i want modern safety etc. thus far im getting over 30 to the gallon as well. Well chuffed.

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Having trouble getting insurance on the MX5 so bought a 2005 3.2L V6 Audi A3 Quattro a few months ago

IMAG0496.jpg

IMAG0497.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

IMAG0492.jpg

IMAG0498.jpg

2108231_1_b.jpg

2108231_2_b.jpg

2108231_5_b.jpg

2108231_8_b.jpg

Absolutely no doubt it's a capable and safe car, but bugger me it's boring to drive compared to the Mazda.
As it's an absolute nightmare buying and selling cars here i'll run it through the winter and get something a bit more "fun" to drive next year.

You live and learn i guess.

Cheers
Mark

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
That new ford ranger looks the boy, great looking machine, plus that big 4x4 camper conversion looks well cool to drive!!!

Daily commute, VW golf convertible 1.6 blue motion
Hauling Stuff, 61 plate Astra van
Winter and Shooting Mercedes G-wagen

I really have a hankering for a Landy though, but I just shudder at the thought of my money rusting away from underneath me!!

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
jeep1.jpg
I had one of these, 4L loved it but bad brakes and axle noise made me get one of these
jeep2.jpg
2.4 the worst engine I have ever had and no where near as much fun, space or good off road what I want is one of these
jeep 3.jpg
Jeep wrangler unlimited, the wrangler everybody wants but with practical space plus the new 3.6 should be good. Oh well dreams

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE