What Car Is This?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
:Wow: That's thrown me completely, my brain was stuck somewhere between a Fiat X1/9 or some obscure Toyota.

Will revist the wreck this weekend with a proper camera

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Ahhhh!!!! You're a star!

There is an outside chance it could be a Brasinca Uirapuru :p but I can stop puzzling now.

I see what you mean, but it's definitely a Jensen. :)

Jensinca-Uirapureptor1-620x349.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
One of the few cars I've wanted, the Jensen I mean, but have never owned.

Had a 60's S type Jag, a Volvo P1800 and my favourite, a Colt Starion... I once put a deposit down on a DeLorean, but didn't go through with the purchase which I regret now. Briefly owned a Triumph Stag until it entangled itself in a metal fence and enjoyed a similar experience with a Datsun 260Z, although the Datsun favoured telegraph poles.

Despite the myth that all true car lovers should own an Alfa at some point, never had one, never will.

Have an urge to look up the Jensen now... it reminds me on the early Mustangs or the early Pontiac Firebird. Recently sold my Mini, so now I drive a bog standard MPV who's only discernible feature is its liking of rust!

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader

How about a Jensen knife?... the rear leaf springs are still there :rolleyes:

Update:
Got in touch with the Jensen Owners Club, who have identified it as a Jensen Mk1 automatic, first registered in 1969 (last taxed 1978) and one of only fifteen made.

Jensen11.jpg

A sad end to a very nice car. Aside from four wheels and a temperature gauge there's not not a lot left, with only the moss holding the rusting bodywork together.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Had a 60's S type Jag, a Volvo P1800 and my favourite, a Colt Starion... I once put a deposit down on a DeLorean, but didn't go through with the purchase which I regret now. Briefly owned a Triumph Stag until it entangled itself in a metal fence and enjoyed a similar experience with a Datsun 260Z, although the Datsun favoured telegraph poles.

Despite the myth that all true car lovers should own an Alfa at some point, never had one, never will.

Have an urge to look up the Jensen now... it reminds me on the early Mustangs or the early Pontiac Firebird. Recently sold my Mini, so now I drive a bog standard MPV who's only discernible feature is its liking of rust!

ah, but if you'd owned a cow horn bumper'd version of the P1800, they were made by Jenson :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
A sad end to a very nice car. Aside from four wheels and a temperature gauge there's not not a lot left, with only the moss holding the rusting bodywork together.

A very sad end to a rare car :(

Any chance you could salvage the wheels as they'd probably be worth a bit to the right person even in that condition

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Salvaging the wheels is a tempting idea, I sure could use the money and 'finders-keepers' provides a strong moral incentive for some environmental clean-up.
Sadly this isn't like finding a soggy sleeping bag or mouldy tent in the woods, without the blessing of the registered keeper and/or the landowner I'd probably fall foul of the law.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
And you'd be cleaning up the woods too...

Never mind the wheels, I like the Jensen knife idea...
Plenty of steel for that , left in that bad boy...
:)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Somebody should salvage the bits with the chassis number, maybe engine block. As much as posdible with numbers on. In the future, maybe 40-50 years this is potentially a very expensive car.

It is possible to build a completely new car around a few original bits. But they need to have numbers!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Id contact the landowner and owners club...should make use of that.

I dont like to see classics rust away either. Id love one myself...its hard enough keeping my daily car on the road.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
How about a Jensen knife?... the rear leaf springs are still there :rolleyes:

Update:
Got in touch with the Jensen Owners Club, who have identified it as a Jensen Mk1 automatic, first registered in 1969 (last taxed 1978) and one of only fifteen made.

View attachment 41983

Much as a Jenson knife would be unusual, you can't drive a knife :(

It is a very sad end to a beautiful car... I'd be fascinated to know how it got there and why it was abandoned. I've seen many a classic car that has been left in a garage, unloved and in need of a friend... I've even bought a couple of them... but never seen a fine car like that disappearing into dust.

Actually... I tell a lie. I have. I saw a Delorean that had been left in a swamp-like woodland area that was nothing more than a chassis. A sad sight.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
It's a mystery so far and the Jenson owners club are as curious as we are. It sits a stone's throw from the A40 east of Carmarthen and the steering wheel suggests a traffic accident. Engine, gearbox, instruments, seats and bonnet been removed in the distant past judging from the surrounding growth, no trace of the roof either. Grubbed through the remains and found the front & rear number plates but strangely no sign of a VIN plate.There may be a chassis number engraved on the underside of the front cross-member but that'll take some digging to read, if it's there at all.

The landowner is also proving elusive, apart from SWALEC doing some pole maintenance, a couple of fly tippers and me nobody has seen a tractor or livestock in the field for over three years.

Jensen-06.jpgJensen12.jpg

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Stolen and saleble parts kept? Insurance fraud where owner kept the best bits then "it got stolen"?
Or just a legit owner took eveything of value then dumped the rest?

Werd the license plates are still there as the owner can be traced.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Or unreported accident by drunk driver?

Could you PM me the license number Bishop? Might be able to shed some light on it :D

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Thanks Bishop :D

Well, its not been scrapped... last MOT was 1979, tax ran out May 1st 1979... so its possible its been there since then.

Original colour was grey and it had a 6.2l engine in it.

Got one more place to check...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE