What bushcraft tools and know-how do you use in your daily life?

• Thread starter ex member coconino
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
E

ex member coconino

Reading your replies, guys, makes me wish I had a job which involved more bushcraft. I don't even have a wood stove at home, not possible in this block of flats. My teenage son is a keen spoon carver so we have a number of those around, and I've just saved him some apple and cherry so I'll put in an order with him for a teaspoon for my work cuppa :)

I sometimes use my Mora in the kitchen, not because I don't have enough good kitchen knives but just because I miss using it between outings. I'll know when things get really bad when I start chopping the spuds with a hatchet.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
i'm an apartment maint. guy and live where i work so if i needed something i could just go home and get that item ..but the items i use on a daily basis are my water bottle ,G.I. pocket knife ,German Jager ruck, T.P. and 1st aid kit...also use alot of (commonsence) which in most places is very uncommon...vince g. 11B Inf...

M

markal

i use cotton wool balls to light my log fire and have my jack pike knife with me all the time
great knife

Innes

Feb 5, 2011
Nairn
Feather sticks to light my wood burning stove, and I am making excuses to use my Small Forest Axe to split some small logs for the stove.

I am quite new to this so practising some skills at home is a good way of getting used to my new tools.

It is really satisfying lighting the stove with your own feather sticks, they look good stored ready to be used as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE