what bedding

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moodyforager

Mar 22, 2010
Herts
Hi All
I am thinking taking my son for a 1 night camping trip and I trying to decide what mat to buy have looked at the basic foam type mats for £5 or maybe a vango self inflating mat for £20, are the self inflating mats much warmer or would it be better to buy 2 foam mats.
Thanks
Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A lot of inflatable mats have foam inside so you're getting the extra insulation of the trapped air around it. Definitely warmer.

If you've got a Clas Ohlson near you they have some decent ones in for £15 at the moment.

I have a thermarest and it is fantasticly warm and comfortable, I have also heard good things about the alpkit range of self inflating mattresses. The vango self inflating mattress I saw was quite bulky in comparison, However the person who I know that has one swears that it is nice and warm and very comfortable compared to her old basic foam mattress.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE