What Are Your Usual Bushcraft Activities?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Recent activities?

Well, yesterday I spent a couple hours hiking down into the pasture to pull a footbridge off of the creek - before the creek rises and washes it away. It's only a matter of a day or three before the creek floods. We've had several days of above freezing temps accompanied by drizzle/rain. So all that snow/ice is melting, and will soon get down to the creek to ... add to it's flow. So I had to pull the one footbridge. The other big one I have cabled to a large willow tree. It may get pushed out of place, but shouldn't head down stream.

I do have a fairly nice place to live. I'm on 148 acres of mixed farmland, with several thousand acres of State owned land on either side of me. So I have LOTS of land to wander over, explore, camp on, etc. But I do have to put up with a lot of those ... clueless idiots. We tend to call them BOB's - they'd be BETTER OFF BOWLING!

Now to go ... torture ... a bunch of iron/steel in the fire, and see if I can make anything out of it.

Mikey - yee ol' grumpy blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Jan 22, 2006
UK
1. Cooking/eating
2. P!ssing about with fire
3. Chopping stuff up
4. Sleeping
5. Walking through the woods pointing at stuff then cross-referencing it to a Collins field guide
6. Pretending I know what I'm talking about.

That just about sums it up :cool:

That sounds just like me! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE