What are your favourite pocket knives?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
I have a few, but a denim blue version of this seems to have decided to become a permanent resident in my pocket since its arrival a year or so ago...

4171f5abf71409acb909045430ac843c.jpg

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Past while I've been in urban environments and it's usually an alox mountaineer (file is more useful), spydie ukpk (Heinnie edition)/ Viper Dan 2

Smudge

Forager
Jan 20, 2004
West Midlands
Daily Carries are Victorinox Camper or Spartan or sometimes Imperial Shrade Mini Sodbuster.

Bushcraft Carries are Victorinox Forester, German Army knife (clone) or Opinel 8.

I've been rotating the above for more years than I care to think of.

Reactions: Ozmundo

Moondog55

Forager
Sep 17, 2023
Geelong Australia
My EDC; the old style German issue Swiss Army Knife isn't legal in the UK by 3mm and it's the smallest knife I own. So I'm watching this thread to see if something pops up that I can both afford and feel comfortable with

Reactions: Ozmundo

GreyCat

Nov 1, 2023
South Wales, UK
Not really a pocket knife, but a Leatherman juice S2 with orange handle. My husband bought it for me as a Christmas pressie at least 20 years ago and it's still going strong.

GC

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
A Victorinox Bantam Alox or a Mercator Otter brass, depending on what trousers I’m wearing.

For fieldwork, I usually bring my Schrade imperial sodbuster in bright yellow (hard to lose with it’s bright colour and wouldn’t be devastated if I did) or a Leatherman Wave if I need the extra tools.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
SAK Hiker with a modified small blade (made it better for whittling).

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I dont really have a favourite or carry one most days but I'm quite fond of my SAK solo when I need a decent blade.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
After a brief dalliance with Spydercos I have gone back to SAKs for my daily carry.
I rotate between Huntsman, Camper, Alox Pioneer and Alox Farmer. Occasionally I will carry a Spyderco Squeak or a Svord mini Peasant. I have other UK legal carry knives, but they hardly get any pocket time these days.

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I rotate a lot of mine, but the ones I keep coming back to are pictured below

Top to bottom
Fallkniven U2
Lionsteel Thrill
Benchmade 550 (combo edge and old 440C steel, amazing feather stick knife)
SAK Famer X

IMG20231128075251.jpg

But my EDC is below, a SAK bantam and a leatherman charge, plus the knipex mini cobra

IMG20231128075601.jpg
If I had to pick one, it would be the leatherman, closely followed by the Fallkniven U2

Reactions: Nice65 and Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I've been looking at the knipex. Are they really as handy as others say? Does having a multi tool make them redundant?

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I've been looking at the knipex. Are they really as handy as others say? Does having a multi tool make them redundant?
I carry the SAK and knipex in my wallet, so I always have them to hand. I do not consider the knipex as a replacement for the leatherman, more of a compliment.

IMG20231128075416.jpg

As for the use of the knipex, I opened up a borehole headworks to get to a logger with them last week, and more than up for the job at hand.

I am hoping to have a moment at Christmas to make a leather sheath to hold my EDC in one place.

Reactions: Glen22 and Ozmundo

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
I've increased my pocketknife collection this year but so far have found 2 to be firm favourites.
At home and out and about it's a Case Sodbuster Junior carbon.
For work it's a QSP Penguin Mini. I know this is a locking knife, so doesn't really fit the OPs criteria, but the one handed opening massively increases its usefulness at work for me.

Reactions: Glen22

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE