What are you growing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Sugar beet crops are common here, just east of the Rockies.
Big fat fleshy purple roots like jicama but different. Like the edible beet root but much bigger.
They are the economic source of temperate zone sugar so there's nothing skinny about them.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh me too. I have very dark long hair, and suddenly there are badger like stripes :roll:

On the veggies front though, I still have chard happily growing. Lovely stuff, multi coloured, quite festive, stems on it too :)

henchy3rd

Settler
Apr 16, 2012
Derby
Mine's shooting, I was wondering what on earth I was going to use it all up in, but I think you might be onto something there :D
M
Nettle soup with tata’s( potatoes)
Oh me too. I have very dark long hair, and suddenly there are badger like stripes :roll:

On the veggies front though, I still have chard happily growing. Lovely stuff, multi coloured, quite festive, stems on it too :)
Chard, food of the gods.
Caramelise it, you shan’t be disappointed.

Reactions: Toddy

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Yes, despite several frosts and dumps of snow, the chard, spinach, rocket etc are still producing here.

Daughter has built a little indoor garden under a desk with grolux bulbs ... planning to plant a bit of ginger next.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Mine grows tiny little bulbs and cloves. Sweet, tasty, almost like ransoms tbh. It doesn't get enough heat or enough Sun here to grow any bigger, though I'm told that a variety like elephant garlic will get much bigger.
I like the little ones, they're local and I've been growing them for forty years now, I like the taste and the ease of use. Just rub a few of them together and the skins come off no bother, trim the root and they're ready to use.
This year's the first year that my stored cloves have sprouted though. I broke my terracotta pot that I keep them in usually, and I put them into a ordinary plant pot and it seems to have kept them moist and warm enough to start them off way too early.
My near-as-can-be daughter in law is Italian, and she thinks they're funny wee things, but likes the taste too :)

M

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Now is the time to plan what you are going to grow next year, and get any new raised beds made, and ready to go in when the ground is a little less frozen.
I have a subscription to kitchen garden magazine, so get free seeds every month.
I now have a huge ice cream tub full of packets.
If anyone wants anything, let me know,as I have many duplicates both in salad crops and herbs. Having a small garden, and only one tummy to fill, I dont need them all.
Just pm me with what youd like and I'll get back to you, and let you know if I have it. first come, first served.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I want to grow my own sponges this year, but having trouble getting looffa seeds. Does anyone grow them? Do you have a few spare seeds?
Please pm me if you do.
I've started using a bought looffa to do my washing up with. It's amazing , but I need about two or three per year at a total cost of £15... yeow!
Need to grow my own washing up and bathroom sponges.
Can anyone please Help?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE