What a girl.!!

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
If she's floating on air I hope the drugs test doesn't catch something!

Seriously she's a talent.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nice65
A remarkable achievement, and one that has secured her future in the sport.
A stupid question though, she was born in Canada, her father is Romanian, and her Mother is Chinese, how is she British? There must be a link somewhere.
 
I genuinely hope this isn't going to turn into an immigration bashing thread.
Nothing to do with immigration, just interested to know, as we have quite a few athletes and sportspersons who were not born here, I just wondered how they became British, obviously in this case one of her parents must have become nationalised, it reminds me of Zola Budd who ran in the Olympics for Great Britain and later for South Africa, I often wondered what determined their allegiance.
 
I just wondered how they became British, obviously in this case one of her parents must have become nationalised, it reminds me of Zola Budd who ran in the Olympics for Great Britain and later for South Africa, I often wondered what determined their allegiance.

Same as what determines anyone's national allegiance - who you give your taxes to.
 
Same way Lennox Lewis was British and iirc Canadian. Had to be one first.

Zola budd was British when she started to lose races.

Greg rusedski was British when he wanted to be a national number one and he wasn't on Canada I think.

There are countless south sea islanders playing for Australia, NZ and countless European rugby teams
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE