What a girl.!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
If she's floating on air I hope the drugs test doesn't catch something!

Seriously she's a talent.

Reactions: Nice65

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
A remarkable achievement, and one that has secured her future in the sport.
A stupid question though, she was born in Canada, her father is Romanian, and her Mother is Chinese, how is she British? There must be a link somewhere.

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
I genuinely hope this isn't going to turn into an immigration bashing thread.
Nothing to do with immigration, just interested to know, as we have quite a few athletes and sportspersons who were not born here, I just wondered how they became British, obviously in this case one of her parents must have become nationalised, it reminds me of Zola Budd who ran in the Olympics for Great Britain and later for South Africa, I often wondered what determined their allegiance.

Wander

Native
Jan 6, 2017
Here There & Everywhere
I just wondered how they became British, obviously in this case one of her parents must have become nationalised, it reminds me of Zola Budd who ran in the Olympics for Great Britain and later for South Africa, I often wondered what determined their allegiance.

Same as what determines anyone's national allegiance - who you give your taxes to.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Same way Lennox Lewis was British and iirc Canadian. Had to be one first.

Zola budd was British when she started to lose races.

Greg rusedski was British when he wanted to be a national number one and he wasn't on Canada I think.

There are countless south sea islanders playing for Australia, NZ and countless European rugby teams

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE