Wet Formed Baccy Tin Pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Hi All

I have made this wet formed pouch from 2-3mm veg tan hide for a swap in this forum. It is hand stitched with 18/3 waxed linen and dyed brown with a Sam Browne closure. The belt loop on the back is stitched 1" wide and the loop could take up to about a 3" wide belt. The edges have a double bevel and have been 'edge coted' then the whole pouch has been treated with RM Williams saddle dressing.

I have also stamped my makers mark on the front with an awesome stamp made by Kerne - thanks Jim :) & the effect is really cool.

I am really proud of this but what do you leather workers think?:You_Rock_
BaccyPouchsmall.jpg

Cheers

Craeg

Last edited:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
It's not bad at all. I'd be a bit more tidy around the corners and the edge of the flap looks a wee bit rough. It'd also look better if you dyed the inside too, but that's just my first impression. Make one or two more though and all the wee niggles will sort themselves out. Well done though.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE