Went for a drive and ended up here(very pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
We got a little bored yesterday so we thought we'ed got out for a drive, not got anywhere in mind just wanted to get out the house for a while. Well we ended up at Ladybower near Sheffield, the same dam that the Dambusters trained on, was a nice sill evening not too cold to be out.

The last two are from when we was on our way back and the pressure changed. Not the best pics but the best places to take pictures you couldn't park anywhere near:( .

ABCD0007-1.jpg

ABCD0008-1.jpg

ABCD0009.jpg

ABCD0010.jpg

ABCD0011.jpg

ABCD0012.jpg

ABCD0013.jpg

ABCD0014.jpg

ABCD0015.jpg

ABCD0017.jpg

ABCD0018.jpg

ABCD0019.jpg

ABCD0020.jpg

Theres a hill bang at the side of Ladybower that I've alway wanted to climb up, well I've talked the missis and kids into doing it, going to take a day in doing the climb up anyfaster and I think I'll be pushing it:eek: :D

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Great pics and it looks as if you had a great day. That hole with the water going down it looks very scary to me. Does it go into a big pipe? Surprised it hasn't got a grill over it for H&S reasons these days.:eek:

SOAR

Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Those holes are very futuristic, you've got the very picturesque setting of the water, then those crazy stepped drain. Glad you all had a good day.

Simon.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Lovely pictures! Couple of great reflections in the water. Blimely though its full! I've been there several times in the summer and have never seen the overflow plug holes in use.

Has it been raining? :eek:

In fact these two pics were taken end of July last year, what a difference:

884532880_050030af04.jpg

884542938_1b00177238.jpg

There are some lovely walks up from there up into Hope Valley and also over to Stanage edge.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Win hill next to laydybower is a stiff walk from there, i'd try and tackle it by walking along the shore path of ladybower towards the snake pass then cutting diagonally up the hill, longer but less incline.
i thought that the dambusters practiced on derwent dam not ladybower, thats where the museum is, near to Fairhomes centre.
its lovely round there

stevec

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
i thought that the dambusters practiced on derwent dam not ladybower, thats where the museum is, near to Fairhomes centre.
its lovely round there

stevec
They practiced on both I was told, so they had a few different flight patterns. I remember the memorial flight in the early 90's going over there. Was a great sight to see a Lancaster just slowly coming around the hillside then leveling out about 100 feet or so over the water, engines roaring away filling the valley with noise.

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
is there a salrac in that hole? (or whatever the beast in that big pit in the desert in return of the jedi is called)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE