Wenger Scout Knives

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
Yeah, I noticed that £34 quid, it's a pricier option than a Victorinox equivalent. I thought the price may have been increased because of the Scout branding, but checking on Amazon that doesn't seem to be the case.

onnen

Feb 18, 2009
south Wales
Nice looking knife ,but why do Scouts need a cork screw? any other use rather than the obvious.
My boy who is in the Cubs won a prize over Chrismas and I sugested he buy a SAK,somthing he could keep instead of a passing fad.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
You dont stop being a Scout at the age 18 you know. They are also supposed to help others like Mam and Dad when they forget thier corkscrew on holiday.

Good point, and a decent SAK lasts years so many uses at home in adulthood as well.

I suspect it is largely because it is a "rebranded" version of a standard Wenger product to allow a big enough production run to keep it affordable.

Manacles

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
No longer active on BCUK
scoutknife001.jpg

Okay so it's just arrived. Looks pretty good to me. The purple is a bit lighter than I was expecting but is near enough the saem as the World Badge. The small text under the Scout Logo reads "creating a better world".

I've only owned Victorinox previously so this is my first Wenger and the quality feels good. I shall be using this as my regular Scout knife from now onwards.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE