Well what an excellent Doo !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Got to say this year's Bushmoot rocked !!

Excellent people, excellent demo's and courses and the atmosphere was brilliant. I've never managed to make any of the previous moots due to other commitments, but I was damn glad I made it this year. Many thanks to all that made it happen.
:You_Rock_

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Fully agree.............
Thank you Tony for hosting a fantastic moot. Thank you also to everyone involved with setting it up, to the course leaders and to everyone who went, who created a wondeful relaxed atmosphere.
I couldn't get to do all the courses I wanted to, but the ones I attended were really well run.
Mors was great and full of enthusiasm and energy and my kids enjoyed the bimble with him.
Big thanks to Bardster for the longbow making course, for his generosity and patience and skills.
I really enjoyed the plant walk with Marcus and then the camp cooking with Neil 1, great food guys and great info.
Big thanks to Longstrider for re-profiling and sharpening my little axe, great work mate.
Really nice to see old faces and to meet new ones too, sorry I didn't get to meet you all.
I took my camera with me, but I didn't take a single shot, I was too busy having fun, so sorry, but lots of others were taking photo's.
Can't wait till the next one...............Jon

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
Not long got back myself. Head spinning with info! It was really well organised (thanks BCUK team - you should be proud of yourselves) although you shouldn't have let me spend so much on a new axe, T-shirts etc etc :eek:

Everyone was really friendly and helpful, great workshops and demos. A truly great experience. :You_Rock_ Did we find out whose car alarm that was by the way? Name and shame :D .

Pablo

geoff88

Forager
Jul 14, 2006
SW England
Dave totaly agree.
Wonderful few days. All the demo's and talks were great. I also managed to pick up a new axe, what is it with axes? :D
Hope Spike managed to get his bike home ok.
Thanks everybody, particularly those in the naughty corner :D

Geoff

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Here here! Much fun had all round.

Again thanks to all involved in organising and courses....and to those in the naughty corner for their generosity too. Soz I didn't get chance to say farewell before I split.

Special mention to Redcollective for giving me a lift - Nice one Stu!

:240:

ps. geoff88 Hope you didn't go upsetting anyone before you left?! :D

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
A great time all around (even the rain :p )
We're now trying to deal with a house full of damp/smokey things.
I (deliberately!) didn't do all the things I wanted, so theres an excuse to go again next year.

Massive thumbs up to everyone who made it happen. :You_Rock_

Ogri the trog

Well, we made it back to Spike's OK. He went in a big white truck with flashing lights, and he even took my luggage for me, so that I could have a play. It wasn't much of a play though - I missed my turning and ended up going 40 miles out of my way! Waaaahhhh!

I had a damn fine time at the Bushmoot and I'd love to go again. Met some great people, ate some lovely (if a bit smokey) food, and learned lots.

Many thanks to those who organised the event, those who took the workshops and also to Mors for being such a nice bloke, and willing to share his knowledge with everyone, young and old. We won't mention the whistles, eh? ;)

See you around another campfire in the near future, I hope.

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
A big thank you to Tony and all the BCUK team, what an excellent weekend, and very well organised, I was very impressed with the level of skills some people had, and the quality of craftsmanship....superb :You_Rock_

My wife and kids enjoyed the weekend too, even though the missus now has a stinking cold! but she'll dry out eventually!

Nice one!

steve

AlexGlynn

Mar 19, 2006
Derby
I had a absolutely fantastic time everyone was willing to share their knowledge even though my bow snapped i left with the knowledge to make another ...hopefully thank you tony and shelly for accepting me and my friend on the course and a massive thanks to bcuk for their patience. i would like to also thank mors and john for being such friendly helpful people and i hope to see everyone there at the next bushmoot. :cool:

Mar 22, 2006
Mendip Hills
:lmao: Agreed!!

A big thanks to the BCUK team, the course/demo teachers and to all the people who contributed and made it so much fun. We had a great time!

See you all soon!

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I've heard alot of thank-yous to those that organised everything, so I'd just like to take the oppertunity to thank all the members that attended.... Great company and very enthusiastic bunch you all were.... Thanks for taking time out to come and play with us all :You_Rock_

Ed

pteron

Acutorum Opifex
Nov 10, 2003
Wiltshire
pteron.org
Agree, it was a fantastic do.

My lad had a wonderful time, thanks to Bardster for the bowmaking and Mors for helping him carve a spoon.

My hands are covered in cuts from the flint napping, John made it look so easy but I was much better at making rubble!

Big thanks to Tony and all the demo teachers, especially Kevin, George and Stuart who combined to help me make fire by bowdrill for the first time :D

Finally thanks to MagiKelly; the sleep system was excellent, I've never slept better outdoors. I now need to find the underblanket thread....

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
Had a fantastic time met a lot of new friends, many thanks to Tony and the crew for such a great moot, and to all those that attended you made it a great weekend :You_Rock_ :You_Rock_

Ian

Boxy

May 9, 2005
Abingdon
Have to agree with all the posts above, a thouroughly enjoyable and educational long weekend, it was good to meet a lot of new people and catch up with a few familiar faces, I think for future reference a dictaphone would have been in order to stand any chance of remembering all the interesting and useful things Mors had to say.

Even being stopped by the police on getting back to London (probably because of Marts driving.... :eek: ), and being searched by the side of the road didnt faze us after such a good weekend, we just put on our 'happy faces' ( :D ) and there was no problem.

I'd like to echo the thanks posted earlier to those that made the event possible, and thank James and Leon in particular for their patient instruction in the leatherwork.

Look forward to seeing you all next year.

Mark

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Yes it was excellent - couldn't agree more with all said above - bowmaking, knife making and forging demos were all excellent.

I was most proud of my flint knapping - through Jon and Vals excellent tuition I now have the skills necessary to reduce one very large rock to a large pile of very small rocks! :lmao:Ahem... must be a bit more to it than that :eek: If anyone needs a driveway paving, I'm your man!

Thanks to pteron for the hospitality round the BBQ and to scruff for the company on the road.

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Another one who had the best weekend away in yonks. We had such a great time, shame we had to leave on sunday (am fuming as job that had to start, couldn't due to bloody stupid circumstances, so we could have stayed another day :( )
Many thanks to all and sundry, being able to put faces to names really was great.
See you all again next year :You_Rock_

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Thanks to all the organisers. Thanks to James & Leon for help in the leathermaking (It now fits perfectly!) Greetings to all those that I met and shared time with. Sorry that I had to leave early. I clocked up nearly 500 miles on my old bike exploring wales in perfect weather. Already looking forward to next year. Happy person me! Swyn

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE