Well How Miffed am I????

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jellytot

Apr 1, 2010
Manchester
I've just logged on to my paypal account and found that the good folks at SO publications who release the Bushcrafting Magazine have taken their next years subscription by retaining my details from last year, not asking me, and deciding to help themselves to £29.00 out of my bank account without my permission.
Dave didn't find the magazine good value so we'd not repeated the subscription and I actually haved had a magzine from them since spring.
Please anyone who uses this magazine me VERY careful! I don't consider this fairf play at all they wrote to me asking me to suscrfibe again over a montgh ago and I did not reply. They have retained payment details kept them on file and used them without my permission.
I consider this very poor form and will never use their service again (Even if Mr Kochanski himself becomes their lead writer!)

MIFFED!!!!!

Maggot

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Somerset
Check the original contract.

Lots of insurance companies, magazines, phone companies etc all do this. All in the name of good customer service. You need to cancel the standing order/direct debit every time!

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
Check the original contract.

Lots of insurance companies, magazines, phone companies etc all do this. All in the name of good customer service. You need to cancel the standing order/direct debit every time!

they do that for our convienience. Very considerate of them. And I find it oh so convenient to have to phone/go to my bank to cancel the DD.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
You should always know whats coming out of yoyr account. when i signed up for the mag i took note of the repeat nature of the entry on pp. its in the original contract that its on repeat so they havent taken it without permission.
i'm sure if you rang em tho they may be reasonable.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Some insurance brokers do this, also they seem to find the most expensive insurance company too insure you with.
Some people would call that dishonest tactics used by conmen but I don't have an expensive lawyer so I say its fine and tickerty boo.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE