Weekend with Ray Mears

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
So my wife got me 2 wonderful gift for my birthday and xmas in December, last Saturday I got to go on a walk in the woods with Ray and on sunday a carving master class, they say you shouldn't meet your hero's but this wasnt the case with ray. Hes is on a much bigger level in person to what you see on tv, what a humble and knowledgeable man. I learned so much last weekend and I shal never forget the experience. Here is a few pics :) uploadfromtaptalk1464203819081.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464203829033.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464203836760.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464203845745.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464203856767.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464203864759.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464203875659.jpg

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Its clear you had a great time and bagged some very nice photographs to remind you of the day.

For those interested in such things Ray is modeling the rather cool Sasta Peski Ventile Anorak/Smock, available exclusively from the Woodlore Store:

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/1272-Sasta-Peski-Ventile-Anorak-Dark-Olive/

Sasta-Peski-Anorak.jpg

K

It looks like you had a terrific time! Very often, highly skilled people don't make the best teachers. But it seems Ray puts effort into teaching as well as practicing his bushcraft.

Can you share any insight about Ray as a teacher? Did you notice any particular technique he used during your classes that you would adopt if you were teaching the same skills?

- Woodsorrel

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
It looks like you had a terrific time! Very often, highly skilled people don't make the best teachers. But it seems Ray puts effort into teaching as well as practicing his bushcraft.

Can you share any insight about Ray as a teacher? Did you notice any particular technique he used during your classes that you would adopt if you were teaching the same skills?

- Woodsorrel
It's hard to say, he shows a lot of patients with people and gives you the impression that there is no such thing as a silly question if it was asked, on the carving day his feedback was constructive and valuable to enable the learning. He said 2 things to me on both day's that really opened my eyes to so much, but I'm not willing to share just yet :p

Russell96

Forager
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
Looks great and your smiles seem to sum it up. You have also confirmed what I have always heard and thought Ray was like. I would love to meet him.
I'm also very excited to hear your further insights!! Don't leave us hanging too long.
Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE