Weekend bender! pics heavy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Hey all,

My friend mutt and i were out last weekend trying our hand at making a bender big enough for a couple of people. It took about 4 hours to build and was great fun :D We had loads of material to hand as we were in a small copice of alder, wych elm, and various other bits such as sycamore etc.

The bender was made in what i think is a traditional way by sinking the main poles in a circle and bending them over to meet each other in the middle.. (thanks to lightfoot for the supporting documentation lol)

We used only natural cordage (wych elm) and a large tarp (not so natural but hey) for the covering. We built a small fire at the entrance and whilst the fire was burning we had a quater of the roof rolled back to let out the smoke. We slept in the bender for the second night we were there and i had a wonderful nights sleep and it was quite warm once we had closed up the tarp a little.

Anyways loads of fun so give it a go!

DSC00104.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

thanks for looking :)

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
NIce piccies there dwardo - looks like good fun

Did you make the little bench also ???

No but we had to replace all of the legs, the kind owner of the wood had built them but all of the legs had turned to mush so we knocked up a few rough ones, but hey they work :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE