Wee wander along Sauchie Crags

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Went out for a wee wander today along sauchie crags, the worst bit about it was the road, I forgot how steep it was on the way back, getting there was easy!!!

The Bannock Burn

IMG_3404.jpg

The wee road up leads to junction, if you turn left you go along the bottom of the crags through a nice Ash forest and past old lime kilns.

IMG_3405.jpg

Just past this you can go up the steep hill, with a nice wee Birch forest along the side of the ridge

IMG_3407.jpg

Through the Birch looking north you can see the Quarry at the back of Cambusbarron

IMG_3408-1.jpg

From here looking east you can see right over the fourth valley

IMG_3409-1.jpg

Looking north west I think this is Ben Ledi, it is looking towards Loch Ard Forest/Loch Venachar

IMG_3412-1.jpg

Looking down is the Ash forest, sorce of a log to rehandle my broken axe

IMG_3413-1.jpg

All the way along the crags there are trees hanging by a thread

IMG_3415-1.jpg

Furthr round the crags you can see north third, there were people along the bank for somereason, I dont know why as it is totally frozen, the windmills were totally still like silent giants

IMG_3438.jpg

Here is me with my winter plumage on, dunno when I got so fat in the face but i guess it happened when this beer belly appeared

IMG_3433.jpg

Here is our lunch tree, not that wee eat it, we just pitch camp here for tea

IMG_3421-1.jpg

The snow was deep back through the gorse where my wife found out leggings and gorse are not a good mix

IMG_3437.jpg

Someone had decorated a tree with bobbles and tinsel!!!

IMG_3442.jpg

On the road on the way back the forestry had collected big bundles of twigs, anyone any ideas what for?

IMG_3447.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lovely to see the photos :D It looks like an excellent day out :cool:
Some stunning views from up there too :approve:
One set of my g.g.grandparents lived in Sauchie, nice to see something of the countryside around.

I don't think anything works well with gorse tbh :rolleyes: It used to be smashed up and used as fodder though, apparantly it's nourishing. The flowers make good wine, and the whole plant makes a good dye. It's burns fast and hot and otherwise it's a pain, literally.

Thanks for sharing :)

cheers,
M

One set of my great g. grandparents lived in Sauchie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE