Webtex aquatex - would it attach to bergen side pocket clips?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Hello all,

I recently bought a hydration bladder (Highlander) with the intention of keeping it in the pocket at the side of my Sabre 80-130 although having just had a trial run the pocket's not quite big enough. There are no additional plce style side pockets fitted...just the side pocket that is part of the bag. I'm now looking for something that will clip the bladder to the fittings for the plce style side pockets.

Does anyone know if the webtex aquatex will clip onto the side of a bergen? The quick release clips look to be in a similar position although it's hard to tell. I'd rather mount the hydration bladder externally as I don't want any leakages into my camera gear. If anyone has any alternative suggestions it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gordon

N

Nomad

I can't say if the WebTex clips are compatible, nor whether it is long enough to reach to the bottom clips. For what it's worth, my Camel Thermobak clips on fine. It can also clip onto the two spare clips on the top of the PLCE pocket (Sabre 75) and dangles behind it. It's long enough for the bottom corners to be supported by the bottom clips/straps on the pocket.

I'd give any Web-Tex gear a wide berth if I was you.

My WebTex Cadet 33L day bag has had over 2 years of daily use carrying decent weights (3-5kg), with no mollycoddling, and shows no wear, tear or damage. Also used as air travel carry-on. Very comfy. The material feels thinner than my old Karrimor Trail 25, but it has stood up to everything so far.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at the Cambelbak then Nomad. That sounds like just the ticket.

Cheers

N

Nomad

The Thermobak, for what it's worth, has some light padding built into the holder/bag thnig, which provides some insulation to help keep the water cool. A bit bulkier, perhaps, but it seems to have worked for me. It has a 3L capacity as well, which is pretty good, but maybe a bit much for hanging on one side of the rucksack (put less in, or rebalance things if needed).

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
That could suit me just fine Nomad. I was considering strapping my tripod there but at almost 3kg I was worried about the balance. 3l of water on the other side would solve a couple of problems there. I just hope I can get a bit more overtime in soon as there's a few other items I need to get before my next outing in April.

Thanks

N

Nomad

My point about balancing is concerned with the need to rebalance as the water gets used up. For example, put light things in the pocket beside the water and heavier things in the opposite pocket, and move them around as the need becomes apparent.

Switch

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2013
Scotland
I hadn't previously given too much thought to shifting weight on the move. I'll pack with that in mind though. Some of my lenses are quite compact but heavy enough (750 - 1.5kg) to easily shift around in the pack to adjust the weight as and when needed.

Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE