website help?

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey folks i wonder if anyone can help me out here. i fancy setting up my own website for my leatherwork and have no idea where to start whether there are good free websites or reliable ones at a fair cost.

at the moment i use a facebook page but i hate facebook and want to delete it all. next month i should have the pennies to become a maker plus on here but a website may just come in handy in the meantime. its just a thought so i can get rid of facebook and away from that mess of networking.

any suggestions would be great thanks

Jul 12, 2012
Liverpool
Godaddy, if you want cheep with google apps for your email and possible web store most of the applications are point and click installs. But be advised it's cheep and you get what you pay for.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Microsoft office live. Think its now Microsoft 365 now, I've used it for years. Good page builder, or upload your own. Full optimization through Google webmaster tools etc.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
I'm in the process of doing this mate, have been doing it for a while bud.
ill have a chat with you when I see you mate.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
nice one Lee would be good to get your input. ill hopefully make it to one of the mid meets this month
No worries mate, to be honest you can go with a cheap site but I think it's better to try and get the best you can, as first impressions count and all that mate.
I have just started my blog to.
its called leather aficionado
and the life and times of a leathersmith
and will be answering questions on there also mate.
take care.
lee.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
Hamish,

Why not just set up a blog and use some of the built in gallery gizmos. Blogger does a fairly good selection of apps to make everything look good. It also allows feedback from happy customers, etc. Upload your own banner graphic and away you go...

Worth a look maybe????

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Moonfruit for me... Free if you don't mind their brand name, cheap to remove.

Loads of templates and pretty simple to use. Just a pointer :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE