website/blog feedback

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
First off if this is out of order feel free to delete this thread mods.

Iv had a blog for some time now i am using as my main website for my leatherwork, iv been sick of it for a long time now so have just updated it to make it a bit easier to navigate and see some of my work. i have deleted the old gallery and will re-submit some of my old work so it shows up better

im after some honest feedback on my blog

is there anything missing? anything im doing wrong?

feed back would be great and again if this is out of order i will delete the thread

http://half-goat-leatherwork.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks
Hamish

Dreadhead

aye its not great, but its free and its something i can manage with my lack of tech/IT skills

the main downside is since changing the template people cant comment on the page anymore. i have a guest book etc for customers to write a little something but doesnt work. so now they have to email me and i will put it up but it will blatantly look like iv made it all up

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
My first thought is that I cannot see a way to contact you, unless I am missing something obvious.

I don't want to be difficult but I prefer a more standard blogger layout with posts a search and archives, sorry.

I do like the quality of the photographs.

Last edited:

Dreadhead

My first thought is that I cannot see a way to contact you, unless I am missing something obvious.

I don't want to be difficult but I prefer a more standard blogger layout with posts a search and archives, sorry.

I do like the quality of the photographs.

just went back on. for some reason sometimes i load the blog the background and headers dont show up. i clicked on it again and they all showed up. there is a page called 'ordering custom' that has my detail i may change this to 'contact'

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As far as I know the forum rules has a requirement that if you've a link to a shop online or otherwise for your signature you need to have a reciprocal link for BCUK on your site

Baggy

Settler
Oct 22, 2009
Essex, UK
www.markbaigent.co.uk
AH

My first look at the site was using the Opera browser and I could not and still cannot see the menus, background etc

Using Safari, internet explorer, google chrome and firefox do seem to show everything...

So it now looks good :)

I see no telephone number which may put some buyers off but probably not those that know you.

I like the option to select a "look"

The leather work looks wonderful, as usual.

Dreadhead

AH

My first look at the site was using the Opera browser and I could not and still cannot see the menus, background etc

Using Safari, internet explorer, google chrome and firefox do seem to show everything...

So it now looks good :)

I see no telephone number which may put some buyers off but probably not those that know you.

I like the option to select a "look"

The leather work looks wonderful, as usual.

ah i see thanks for the feedback bud didnt know about the browsers. there is no number because i dont own a phone, it can be setback with business but its a personal choice as i dont much like them

have manually added a testimonial a friend of mine has written as he has had many commissions from me. hopefully get some more up soon but his is indeed a laugh to read

Last edited:

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
it looks good to me . wasnt there a picture of you and a older gent in your kilts on the last one or am I confused ith your facebook one ?

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I like the look of it. Never seen one laid out in that way before, and I like the fact there is a little story behind every item.

Well done!

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Thats the one .
Question how much would you want for one like this but with paddy tray on it in runic and a cernunnos horned god image on it ?CIMG2026.jpg cernunnos_postcard-p239178784399067517en8ki_216.jpg

Last edited:

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nee worries Marra. Happy to help :) My blog is up and running again, lost faith with FB so now I use blogger app and put my daily image on the blog rather than Facebook.

I like that you have links on yours going to have to see about a bcuk link on mine

Orric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE