Webbing tape for hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
Hi all

Sorry if this a repeat thread but am trying to find some webbing tape to make some tree huggers. Anyone know of a good source?

Thanks for your help and sorry if this is repeat.

Last edited:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
what sort of size are you looking for? you can quite often get ratchet straps from pound shops, the ratchets tend to be horrible flimsy things but the webbing tends to be pretty good.

stuart

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
Thats a good shout. Do they state weight rating on them? Need to be sure of the weight rating, I'm a heavy b*gger :lmao:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Thats a good shout. Do they state weight rating on them? Need to be sure of the weight rating, I'm a heavy b*gger :lmao:

they usually do, although if it's labelled "blackspur" or similar i'd probably half whatever the rated strength says just to be on the safe side.

stuart

Last edited:

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
they usually do, although if it's labelled "blackspur" or similar i'd probably half whatever the rated strength says just to be on the safe side.

stuart

Cheers Stuart

Thats a good economy option, will be sure to raid the local poundland over the weekend.

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
I get mine from this place, always been great and cheap! (no connections etc)
http://handystraps.co.uk/Webbing-And-Buckles-For-20mm-Webbing/

We have a shop in York called Barnits, they do it to, lots of colours! Not sure if there online though or if you have one in Norfolk

Joel

Cheers Joel. Sadly no Barnits down this way. Cheers for the link, don't suppose you know what weight rating it is? Is it nylon or polyester? Sorry to be a pain!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Another cheap option is your local car breakers for seat belts.

They're not stretchy at all about 10ft long and being wide they grip more.

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
Cracking vid Joel. Thanks for sharing. The webbing looks good, just wondering if it will support my *coughs* 95kg *coughs* weight...

joely

Forager
Sep 27, 2010
York
They support my ample frame easy :) 95k will be fine, if in doubt though just get wider ones, that site goes right up to 50mm wide.
Just checked by the way and mine are 25mm not 20mm.

Joel

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
Cheers Joel

Just found the 25mm stuff. Better choice of colours as well! At that price I think it's worth a punt. Thanks for your help goodjob

Deck

Forager
Dec 31, 2010
Moray
Just ordered some mate, will let you know how it goes. Thanks again :)

Last edited:

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Just as i was wonderring what and if I can use webbing even canoe straps if the original hammock tape isn't long enough, and lo and behold i have justy found the thread...Thanks folks its just answered my question.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE