Weather to come.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yay!!!! A real frost white over, stuck wipers, scraped windscreen and EVERYTHING!!!!!
This is “my time.” A couple more weeks and I’ll be up by my fireplace watching White Christmas.

Off up to the Lakes next weekend. Maybe, just maybe, I’ll be able to walk through real squeaky snow. Woo Hoo!

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
9df49e20018371a91b98f7131f62ae9b.jpg

Minus 3 on Back Tor last night...... lovely.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We woke up to -2˚C here. It was a beautiful crisp, clear night, and it's a beautiful Sunny day here now. Still cold though.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Anyone got snow yet?
There are rumours the south west is to be hit with snow in the next few hours, but to be honest, though it's chilly, the skies are clear and the sun is shining. It's several degrees above freezing, and I think its more wishful thinking.
Might get a dusting on the tops of the moor , but I think my minni pulk, which I finaly finished at the weekend, won't be in use a while yet.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
-7˚C here this morning, but no snow. It hasn't gotten above freezing all day.

I think I'm going to go finish my shopping this afternoon, and then if it snows, well it snows, and it's fun instead of a bother.

M

Reactions: Pattree and Broch

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
No snow here, but a bit icy. Lovely and crisp with blue skies. Sat out with a cup of tea and a fire to dry out the fire pit which had filled with water.

Attachments

• IMG_1614.jpeg
    IMG_1614.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 10

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Too far south and west here, or so I thought. Opened the curtains this morning and was proved wrong. Not much, but enough and still some coming down in flurries. Highly unusual for us.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Still no snow, despite it being not too far away, and predictions it would hit us here on the moor.
Blooming chilly mind! 1 degree at midday. Woolies on and onward with the chores.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Actualy hoping the snow holds off a bit as I am ground crew for my arborist friend who has a big ash (die back)on a steep slope to take down tomorrow. Once it's down and snedded,, and I'm home, bring it on!

Reactions: Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Well, it stayed dry with no snow, and we managed the ash, a rotten poplar and red oak, used all the brash to repair a dead hedge, and logged most of the poplar and oak, before lunch. Still got the ash to do. It's not an easy flat site sadly. So it's hard going, especially for me.
It was quite warm in the woods, compared to the rest of the area, and I was just in thermal vest and shirt sleaves, and gently sweating. (plus my trousers of course)
Back up at the house after lunch, I started on the peg loom rug in the warmth. Completed about half of it. It's been no more than 1 degree all day.
Beautiful sunset, huge golden orange sun with magenta. clouds. Hopefully another fine but cold day tomorrow, as I need to get a wash on the line.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
I tell you what, Christmas decorations look even more spectacular when there are 50mph winds. I think I saw an inflatable Father Christmas disappear into the sky a minute ago!

• Haha
Reactions: Toddy

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I tell you what, Christmas decorations look even more spectacular when there are 50mph winds. I think I saw an inflatable Father Christmas disappear into the sky a minute ago!
Was he alone? Or did he have rudolf and Co with him?
Maybe he's just practicing for the big day.
I did see a newspaper headline today saying santa wasn't coming this year..... maybe you've just seen him escaping from the North Pole . Was he heading south? :)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
The west country was almost cut off yesterday.
A303 flooded.
No trains due to landslip and flooding.
Big accident on the motorway closing it for many hours.
More flood warnings over most of somerset.
What fun!!!

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Drive to Keswick last Saturday - Deep snow on Shap.
Return from Keswick yesterday diverted by deep water.
Then over Thelwall viaduct on M6 nearly blasted into hard shoulder.

Chris

Sep 20, 2022
Lincolnshire
Was he alone? Or did he have rudolf and Co with him?
Maybe he's just practicing for the big day.
I did see a newspaper headline today saying santa wasn't coming this year..... maybe you've just seen him escaping from the North Pole . Was he heading south? :)

I think the reindeer were stuck in a nearby tree. Perhaps this wind will have put them off and they’ll head back further North to resume normal service.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Reideer do not get stuck into trees somewhat by definition, they do get stuck to each other and wire fences. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE