Waterstone and Leather Strop Field Sharpening Kits - June 2012

• UPDATE - The main upgrade is now finished. The site should now be functioning as normal, I will be making tweaks over the weekend, particularly to look of the site. If you notice something is broken or have any comments please let me know. Many thanks Matt (Lithril)

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
I purchased one of these recently and was very impressed with it when it arrived. A quality bit of kit (especially for the price!) and very useful for both at home and when out and about.

Tempted to buy another one as backup/spare.

Dan.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
They look very nice indeed and Im interested, do you need any sort of cutting compount to go on the strop or wetstone?
Sorry but I have never used anything like this before.
THanks
Steve

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
They look very nice indeed and Im interested, do you need any sort of cutting compount to go on the strop or wetstone?
Sorry but I have never used anything like this before.
THanks
Steve
Only water on the stone Steve, for the strop you can put a compound on or leave it.
A wee search will bring up the threads with opinions on such.
Tom

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Suffolk
Beretta686e, please change your account settings so I can reply to your PM. Cheers!

Jacko, everything you need is in the kit. I don't use any compound, but I do leave some of the nagura slurry on the knife when I start stropping and that serves nicely.