Show off your sharpening kits!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
So, show off your sharpening kits! What are you using and what do you sharpen with them?

unnamed.jpg

I'm running with:

Masterclass 400/1000
King 4000 grit and Ice Bear Nagura
Lansky Axe Puck
Poundland stone for the ROUGH jobs and reprofiling..
Red stone of unknown grit, guessing around 2000
Guide for kitchen knives ( I do my convex and scandi freehand)
Home made strop from wooden floor sample and leather.

I'd like to get a DC4 and a small field strop too.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I use a dc4, Gransfors axe stone and Gransfors diamond file, sharkndesigns belt as a strop. I've made a system with very fine wet and dry in bench stone size, I would like some bench stones but I've never needed them because I just do,little touch ups and its keeps the blades lovely and sharp :).

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
4c59c47e6efd09669bc60d7379e70351.jpg

Not really. I have a few waterstones 1000 up to 10000 grit. Diamond stones. dc4. Cheapo stones. Belgian coticule(which are awsome)loads of strops which i use in conjunction with good old wet n dry.

I have strops scattered around the house for when the mood arises. I find stropping quite theraputic(is that weird?)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Oh I'd better not show mine. It lives in a four draw tool chest. The rest of it lives in a second toolbox. Well, most of the rest of it :eek:

I have all the grades of files, file cards, diamond files, diamond hones, diamond paddles, waterstones, oilstones, jigs, guides, five pound kits, Lansky kit, Duafold, Diafold, DC4, axe files, axe pucks,even have a full set of gathered and donated gritstones in all sorts of sizes.

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'll look forward to the day I have a sharpening kit half that good, bet it keeps the tools nice and slicey :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE