waterproofing leather gloves - Bonedry waterproofer?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyxedos

Nomad
Jul 2, 2011
newport
Just treated myself to a pair of Hestra Falt gloves and treated them with the leather balm but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for waterproofing them?

I know Nikwax do their leather proof and is this the best option? I have also seen this which looks good:

Bonedry waterproofer
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191485129143?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Has anyone had any experience of this? I don't really want to darken the leather too much so thought i'd ask before getting some..

Andy

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
Great gloves aren't they.. I was looking for a home made recipe myself. Something akin to the gorgeous smelling lundhags boot grease. I'm sure that would also work, and much cheaper than buying, and exceptional fun to do.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
Sno-seal will waterproof just about anything. You will get it on Amazon or ebay. It is great for your boots too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE