Waterproof smock, what to get

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I am in the market for a waterproof smock, something like the Buffalo special 6 but waterproof and quite tough as it has to work in the woods, I guess that rules out Paramo, any suggestions.
budget is up to £100

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
The buffalo smocks are hard wearing but think it might be too warm for you to use one of these in the woods unless its the middle of winter.
I have a mountain shirt for hiking and I can only wear it when the weather is very cold or I cook in it.
Snugpak do a version called a pile shirt which is around £60 which is pretty good. I have one that I tend to use it more than the buffalo.

Something like a ventile/garbadine smock might work better for your purposes?

Wat about a waxed cotton/oilskin jacket/shirt?

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Anything with a pertex outer stands to get trashed in wooded areas mate; worn as made, next to the skin, they're not too bad on warmth.
Ridgeline pintail would be harder wearing but over £100; with your budget I would look along the surplus milciv line of jackets...

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I've got a rivers west field pro smock, it's good, very waterproof but also quite warm, breathes alright but not enough for any serious work. I like it, but ultimately it takes a back seat as I've got stuff that works more for me.

Hope this helps :).

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Ridgeline pintail would be harder wearing but over £100; with your budget I would look along the surplus milciv line of jackets...

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Pintail is currently £79.99 at Scott Country.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE