Waterproof match case

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Afternoon all and sorry if in the wrong place.

Just had an idea today. I do a bit of shooting and was wondering if forum members would like some spent ahotgun cartridges to make waterproof match cases. I dont have loads but twnd to go through a box roughly each month and instead of lobbing the empties in ze bin thought some people would like some for the above.

Just an idea

skog

Forager
Aug 9, 2011
wicken
Mate sorry should hav3 mentioned i dont want anything for them other than to see someone use them as opposed to just binning them.

Pm me your address mate and i will get some across to you.

As an aside if you feel you want to swap then it would be kindly recieved chap and put to good use.

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I've seen them used to house EDC fire kits too and survival kits too. A button compass fits into a 12 bore cartridge fairly snugly as a topper. Good offer because they can be made into all kinds. As a shooting man too I've pondered there usefulness beyond clocks and displays for some time

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Glad you like it. Found they give off nice fat sparks, more lumps really. Still burning strong when they land

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Same here, rifle and pistol cartridges are mostly brass although there are a few surplus steel ones. Almost invariably shotshells are coated steel. How do I know? We pick up thousands. With magnets!

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Same here, rifle and pistol cartridges are mostly brass although there are a few surplus steel ones. Almost invariably shotshells are coated steel. How do I know? We pick up thousands. With magnets!

Fiocchi and rotwiell still use proper brass case heads on some of their loads I know. They're very much in the minority though. So long as they go bang and throw lead in the right direction and the auto doesn't separate the case head though I don't mind what they're made of

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sadly the premium Rottweil SpSG are steel :(. So are Remington rifled slug.

Still a quick spray with clear lacquer should prevent rust :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Mine arrived today. Many thanks. I am delighted to find that the stoppers used in bottles of supermarket port fit perfectly into these. so no modification is required at all to make a match case. I knew drinking cheap port would pay off one day :)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Sadly the premium Rottweil SpSG are steel :(. So are Remington rifled slug.

Still a quick spray with clear lacquer should prevent rust :)
Just goes to show the drop in quality across the board I suppose. As you said clear laquer will do the job. Also, a 20 bore case head fits inside them nicely (i imagine 16 bore would fit better but I don't have one) and a run of silicone waterproofs them
I make little fire kits in them
248d5250523bd8feebd3aa8bc47e30ff.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE